Number on roll: Up to 20 pupils
Are you an inspirational leader committed to helping children and young people improve their lives with the drive and skill to lead the education provision in this setting, that is unique within Nottinghamshire? If you are, this opportunity may be for you.
Clayfields House is a secure children’s home run by Nottinghamshire County Council. It is one of only thirteen such homes in the country. We care for up to 20 young people between 10 and 18 years, who come to us from all over England and Wales. Young people are placed with us either on youth justice grounds for criminal matters or, for welfare reasons because they present risks to themselves or are at risk from the community. Nearly always, our young people have had a very difficult care history and lots of traumatic experiences. We provide full time secure care, education, risk reduction programmes and physical and mental health services on site.
We believe that if our young people are going to be able to turn their lives around, they need to have access to a broad range of educational opportunities and need to leave us with a genuine sense of having achieved something of value. For most of the last 10 years, the educational provision at Clayfields House has been consistently judged to be good or outstanding, recently however, standards have fallen, and we are now looking for a Head Teacher who can lead our improvement journey. You will have strong support from the Service Manager and colleagues at Keyham Lodge - Millgate Federation, an outstanding special school federation in Leicester, who are working in partnership with us.
As our new Head Teacher, you will:
- Be absolutely committed to high standards and outstanding outcomes for all our children.
- Be caring, approachable, determined, visionary and strategic.
- Build on our existing strengths and lead the school to further improve the quality of our provision.
- Be able to motivate and inspire both staff and pupils.
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with staff, pupils, and other professionals based in the Centre and beyond.
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner; being able to lead by example.
Clayfields House can offer you;
- The opportunity to make a difference to the lives of some troubled young people.
- The support of colleagues from Keyham Lodge and the support of an experienced school improvement adviser.
- The chance to work in a well-resourced purpose-built facility.
- A commitment to your professional development as leader of the school.
This is an exceptional opportunity for a secondary senior or middle leader aspiring to headship, or for an experienced head ready for a new challenge.
Visits are highly recommended, and we would be delighted to show you around and two slots have been identified for this purpose. Tuesday 7th September from 5-6pm and Thursday 9th September from 4-5 pm.
Visits can be booked by contacting us on 0115 9170010 or by emailing Nicola Martin, PA to the Senior Leadership Team at email@example.com
A visit to http://www.securechildrenshomes.org.uk/index.html will provide you additional information about Clayfields House and will, we hope, inspire you to apply for the role of Head Teacher.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full-time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
Nottinghamshire County Council strives to ensure that it goes beyond the requirements of the Equalities Act and prides itself on being accredited as a Disability Confident Organisation. Therefore, the County Council encourages applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
This vacancy is closed to applications.