Personal Care Assistant
Principal: Stuart Cameron
Fountaindale School provides outstanding specialist provision for pupils with physical disabilities and complex medical needs. We are seeking to recruit a 1-1 Personal Care Assistant to support the health and care needs of an individual pupil for 19.5 hours per week.
This post involves:
- Supporting health care needs
- Providing personal care
- Administering medication
- Assisting with the provision of postural care programmes
- Supporting the child’s access to learning
- Working in cooperation with other team members
Training will be provided to the successful applicant but experience of working in a care environment would be an advantage. The successful candidate will be expected to undertake extensive medical / therapy support training in order to meet the needs of the individual they will be supporting.
Fountaindale can provide:
The opportunity to work with wonderful, inspiring and appreciative children and young adults
- An outstanding, purpose built learning environment
- Highest standards of provision & resources
- Support from a skilled, hardworking and experienced team.
- Professional development opportunities
- An experience that is rewarding and varied
- Certified training
- Safeguarding training
- A supportive induction
- A warm and friendly welcome
Further information about Fountaindale School can be found on our website : www.fountaindale.notts.sch.uk
If you would like to join the Fountaindale Team please apply via the application form below. If you would like to visit prior to application we will be proud to show you around our outstanding school. Please phone to arrange a visit, tel 01623 792671.
Please be aware all appointments are subject to reference and DBS checks. The school adheres to safeguarding recruitment processes and policies.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.