Are you an aspiring or current Head teacher ready for a new challenge? Are you determined to make every- day count for every child? Do you want to be a part of an aspirational and supportive partnership?
If you answered yes to the above, we want to hear from you.
Alderman Pounder Infant and Nursery School are looking to appoint an inspirational Head Teacher to provide dynamic strategic leadership to take the school to the next stage of its development.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a new or experienced Head Teacher to lead a school that always puts children first and sits at the heart of its community. Alderman Pounder has a strong staff team and is ready to make the next step in its improvement journey. The school is filled with fun and laughter, with exceptional children that come to school every day with a thirst to learn and enjoy their time at Alderman Pounder.
The moment that you step inside Alderman Pounder you will understand what a special school this is, and a school you would feel privilege to lead. Alderman Pounder is blessed with fantastic and innovative facilities, that ensure that the children are excited and motivated to learn. Classroom spaces have been developed to provide flexible and immersive learning environments, the school is blessed with a purpose-built nursery and wrap around care facility, well-resourced outdoor learning environments and even a bus converted into an incredible library.
We have a well-established provision for two-year olds, with strong transition arrangements into F1 and F2 and then onto Key Stage 1. The school has a real opportunity to establish itself as a beacon of good practice, sharing and developing other schools across the trust and working closely with our English Hub to develop exceptional reading from an early age. The school provides not only the opportunity to deliver exceptional learning for our children, but the opportunity for progression for the right candidate onto system leadership across our trust.
As Head Teacher at Alderman Pounder Infant and Nursey School you will have the freedom to develop your own vision and ethos that meets the needs of your children and your community. No two schools within our trust are the same and we actively encourage you to innovate and develop your own identity. As a trust we are there to support you to deliver your vision and with a sharp focus on school improvement and professional development, you will have the resources available to ensure that you can deliver rapid and sustained improvements.
We can offer you:
- Motivated and friendly children who are excited about learning and empowered to do their best;
- Enthusiastic, caring and a forward-thinking team of colleagues;
- Inclusive and diverse school community;
- Supportive governors and parents who love their school;
- A comprehensive Headteacher induction process, including support through the Trust central team, a peer mentor and CPD.;
- Access to significant resource for school improvement, ensuring that Headteachers are enabled to make a rapid impact on their school. This resource includes support and development through our central team, access to system leaders, high quality CPD for all staff and support to recruit the very best team;
- Extensive financial, business, estates and HR support and systems, ensuring that you are able to focus on delivering inspirational teaching and learning;
- A peer network of like-minded Head teachers;
- A partnership with relationships at its heart ensuring a friendly atmosphere encompassing a supportive ethos;
- A trust with an established track record of high-quality education and experience of leading rapid school improvement;
- The opportunity to progress as a Head teacher onto system leadership and executive leadership across the trust;
- Recognition that all schools are unique, with an approach that encourages local accountability and governance that is responsive to community needs.
We are looking for someone who:
- Can lead the team to embed a culture of high expectations which consistently delivers the highest outcomes and standards;
- A passion for Early Years;
- Has the necessary leadership skills to ensure the school continues its journey towards outstanding;
- Will drive the vision to realise the school’s potential;
- Has the ability to communicate effectively with all members of the school community;
- Can motivate and inspire others and to work as a part of a wider support team (The Flying High Trust);
- Has a heartfelt commitment to delivering the vision and values of our school to ensure our children look back with pride and forward with confidence;
- Shares our values, ambitions and who has the vision, drive, resilience and experience to build on our success to date;
- Is outward facing and committed to establishing a strong relationship with parents and the local community;
- Willing to roll up their sleeves up and get stuck in;
- Can share and learn from best practice whilst knowing how to exploit the partnership opportunities we have within the Multi Academy Trust and Teaching School;
Due to COVID 19, we will be hosting two virtual open events. These events will give you the chance to meet either the current head teacher or a representative from the trust, to book please follow the links. Tuesday 21 July 2020, 10am click here to book. Thursday 3 September 2020, 4pm click here to book.
For more information and a application form please download our recruitment booklet. https://sway.office.com/ZtGMipTZjJf6hG66?ref=Link
Closing Date: 9:00am on Monday 14th September
Interview Date: Thursday 24th September 2020