Required from January 2020.
Tollerton Primary School is looking to appoint an enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated Head Teacher to this wonderful school and community, to build on its existing success and lead it into an exciting future. The school is a founding member of Equals Trust, a collaborative Multi Academy Trust. Tollerton Primary School is in a position to offer our next Head Teacher a strong platform from which to realise the school’s future potential.
There is a warm, friendly and supportive environment at Tollerton Primary School, where the focus is on developing the whole child through enriching their life at school and a vibrant curriculum. Individual school drivers and Equals Trust priorities combine to provide support for the school in developing its curriculum and school improvement. The school prides itself on celebrating the strengths of every child and believes that the child is at the centre of the learning.
A dedicated staff and Governing Body are supported in their efforts by engaged and enthusiastic parents. There will be an acting deputy in place, but the new Head Teacher will be able to appoint their own leadership team from within.
You will have:
- A clear vision for the future of our school, further developing its ethos and the happy, safe and caring atmosphere that currently exists
- Leadership qualities that will motivate and challenge our school in the next stage of its development
- Good emotional intelligence to ensure good communication and relationships with all members of the school community
- The ability to lead a strong and experienced team with complementary skills
- Be able to inspire and work in partnership with pupils, staff, parents/carers, governors and other stakeholders.
In return we can offer you:
- The opportunity to drive our successful school forward
- Dedicated and highly motivated staff who have strong relationships with pupils, parents/carers and the local community
- An active and forward-thinking governing body
- Professional development and collaboration with Equals Trust, including a place on the Leadership Group, focussing on Trust strategy, especially teaching and learning.
Tollerton Primary School is committed to providing a safe environment and to promoting the welfare of children and young people. We expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All applications and offers of employment will be subject to relevant safer recruitment and DBS checks in line with our safeguarding policy.
Visits to our school are highly recommended. Please come and visit us to see what we can offer you in the next stage of your career. School visits will be hosted by the current Head Teacher Andy Board, so please phone him on 0115 9372944 to arrange a visit.
To see the full job description, person specification and to apply please visit: http://www.equalstrust.org/page/?title=Trust+vacancies&pid=47
Applications must be received by 5pm on Thursday 13th June 2019. Interviews will be held on 4th and 5th July 2019.
This vacancy is closed to applications.