Extended School Manager (including Nursery provision)
Hucknall Flying High Academy. Headteacher: Mr Karl Clowery. Number on roll: Growing to 210.
Do you want to be part of something amazing?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Extended School Manager to have full responsibility for the management and delivery of our before and after school and holiday provision, available for children aged 2-11. Hours of employment will be 6.30am-10.00am / 3.00pm-6.30pm.
This is a once in a life time opportunity to join a brand-new school opening in September 2019 (post required from 1st September 2019) and shape our childcare provision. As Extended School Manager you will have the opportunity to work alongside the newly appointed Headteacher and newly established team, to develop and deliver a vision for this new school, new provision and community. Have you got talent? If so come and share it at Hucknall Flying High Academy…
Why work at Hucknall Flying High Academy?
Our brand-new school will be about every member in this community working together to achieve their full potential in all areas of life. With friendly and welcoming individuals, we will collaborate to make real contributions that will benefit our children and their families every day.
Each of our individual roles will have an impact on the future of many – developing and inspiring the future leaders, entrepreneurs and the innovators of tomorrow. We will strive to deliver learning experiences to engage and instil a curiosity to find out more. Our goal is to develop individuals who ask why, therefore becoming life-long learners and visionaries, with aspirations ready for the challenges of the future in an ever-changing world.
We are seeking a dynamic and dedicated individual who has vision, enthusiasm and high expectations for this key role in our forward-thinking school. As Extended School Manager, your core aim will be to deliver our extended provision for children between the ages of 2 to 11. The provision will run daily between the hours of 7.00am and 8.45am, before school and 3.15pm until 6.00pm, after school. Additionally, provision will be delivered throughout the school holidays and the successful candidate will be involved in coordinating and managing this.
The role will require a particular emphasis on:
- The responsibility of the day to day operation of the before and after school club, including the direct supervision of staff
- Ensuring the provision meets all legal requirements.
- Ensuring that the provision operates within agreed aims, objectives, policies and procedures set by the Governing Body.
- Working as part of our school team in providing a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and support the development of children in our care.
- Planning, organising and carrying out planned activities and experiences for children and monitoring other staff.
- Settling in new children and providing on-going support, under a key worker system, liaising with parents and maintaining good communications.
We can offer you:
- An unrivalled CPD offer to support your ongoing development
- Working in a supportive partnership within and beyond your school, driven by a moral purpose underpinned by our core ethos and values
- Working within a developmental, not judgemental, school and partnership
- Talent management: supporting you to achieve your goals through bespoke training—and the opportunity to progress your career across a partnership of schools. This could include further development as a nursery manager, or support for a route into teaching
- Engagement with Trust networks to share best practice and learn from others, including working with staff from across our partnership
- Recognition and rewards: celebrating the achievements of all
- An organisation committed to supporting and enabling the wellbeing of all staff.
We are looking for someone who:
- Has at least 1 years Manager's experience required for this post
- Has excellent communication skills – both written and verbal
- Has natural ability to build rapport with staff and parents
- Has a passion to work with young children
- Is able to support staff on every level
- As a minimum have a Full and relevant Level 3 Early Year’s qualification
- Is able to use initiative and communicate to colleagues politely and professionally
- Has excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills and is a true team player
- Is flexible in their work
- Always looking to make improvements
- Sets high expectations which inspire, motivate and challenge children.
- Promotes good progress and outcomes for children
- Is able to plan and carry out well-structured sessions
- Is able to adapt activities to respond to the strengths and needs of all children
- Manages behaviour effectively to ensure a good and safe learning environment
- Will play an active part in the wider life of our school
- Has a sense of humour!
The successful candidate will have an enhanced DBS disclosure. Our organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff and post holders to share this commitment.
For further information call the Hucknall Flying High Office on 07399 535336 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about the amazing benefits of being a part of the Flying High Partnership please visit www.flyinghighpartnership.co.uk.
Closing date: Tuesday 4th June 2019 at 5pm. Interviews: Tuesday 11th June 2019
This vacancy is closed to applications.