Nottinghamshire County Council Building Cleaning Service in conjunction with Intake Farm School are looking to appoint a new school caretaker. We are seeking a highly motivated, forward thinking professional who will take a proactive approach to ensure that our school environment is safe, clean and maintained to the highest standards.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake the full range of cleaning, janitorial and caretaking tasks, in addition to the daily tasks there may be some minor repairs; DIY type tasks to maintain and improve the site. The caretaker is also be responsible for opening and securing the site each day. On occasions there may be a need to be flexible in your approach to working hours due to lettings outside of normal working hours.
Ideally you should have approximately 2 years’ experience in a similar type of role, with experience in building cleaning, the use of electrical cleaning equipment desirable, however training will be provided.
The successful candidate must be willing to work a split shift between the hours of 6am & 7pm (normally the hours of work are 6.00am to 9.24am then 3.00pm to 6.00pm).These times may vary slightly due to the requirements of the school.
We are looking for:
- A team player who is enthusiastic about working in a happy, positive community
- Someone with high expectations and takes pride in his/her work
- A conscientious person who takes pays attention to the detail in their work
- A good communicator who is proactive in maintaining a clean, safe and secure environment at our school
For the right person we can offer:
- The opportunity to work in a "good school" as judged by Ofsted in January 2018
- An opportunity to work within a welcoming, enthusiastic school community at Intake Farm
- To be a part of a hard-working team who are passionate about providing the children with the best opportunities to learn skills for a successful future
- A commitment to professional development and training
There is also the option of living in the on-site accommodation. This is not a requirement of the employment at the school and is only an option if accommodation is required by the applicant, rent is payable on the property at a discounted rate.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
This vacancy is closed to applications.