To start 17th June if possible or asap thereafter 37 hours per week, split shift pattern. Start time is expected to be around 5.45am and the school site would expect to be open until 6pm.
There may be some flexibility with hours for the right candidate. If you’re looking for part-time please apply and we will consider your application on merit.
Permanent (subject to 6 Months probation)
Do you want to be part of a successful highly supportive team who ensure that all children reach their full potential?
Farmilo Primary School is a ‘Good’ school (Ofsted 2017). We are looking for the right site manager to support this friendly and welcoming school.
- Working under the supervision of the Business Manager, to undertake general site manager and janitorial duties. This will include lone working opening up the building in the mornings and closing at the end of the day.
Range of work includes:
- Responsibility for being a key holder
- Carry out security procedures for school buildings and grounds.
- Undertake routine and non-routine opening and closing of school premises and grounds, including possible evening and weekend lettings, with the possibility of additional pay, as agreed by the Board of Governors.
- Site Manager will be expected to perform duties as laid down in the cleaning frequency chart for a proportion of the working week.
- Asbestos and Legionella monitoring duties
- Identify any repairs or maintenance work required at the school
- Carry out minor or temporary repairs
- Liaise, supervise, direct workers or contractors to the site of repair and maintenance work.
- Supervise, monitor and allocate work to the school cleaners.
- Deal with deliveries and despatch goods, materials etc, from the school
- Ensure that adequate supplies of cleaning materials are available
- Ensure that caretaking and cleaning equipment used by the Site Manager and Cleaners is in safe working order and to inform the business manager of any apparent defect.
- Move and arrange furniture in rooms where necessary.
- Clear weeds from paved and tarmac areas and remove rubbish from all areas surrounding school
- Minimise the disposal of rubbish around the grounds by ensuring that litterbins are emptied when necessary.
- Maintain the Site manager’s storage lockers and cupboards in a clean and tidy condition.
- Use the site managers’ cleaning equipment and materials in the prescribed manner, accepting responsibility for the equipment used, ensuring the safe usage of such equipment and arrange maintenance checks.
- Carry out any reasonable instructions of the Headteacher and Senior Leaders relating to the cleaning and maintenance of school premises
- Enjoy becoming involved as a member of the Farmilo Team and supporting with school activities
Farmilo is a friendly school. We offer support and encouragement to all staff, pupil, parents and visitors.
If you feel you have the skills and motivation to join our team, please contact the school to obtain an application, either by email or send a large stamped addressed envelope to Linda Priest, SBM, Farmilo Primary School.
PLEASE BE MINDFUL OF THE DATES and school is closed 27th to 31st May. Visits to the school are highly recommended, please email Linda Priest: School Business Manager, for details firstname.lastname@example.org or phone 01623 480107 to arrange this.
Closing date for applications is 9am Tuesday 4th June 2019 and interviews take place on Friday 7th June 2019.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.