Teacher of Science
Start date: 1 September 2021
We are seeking to appoint an inspiring and enthusiastic Teacher of Science to join our experienced Science department. The successful candidate will be expected to contribute to the teaching of Science across the ability range at KS3 and KS4. Applicants should be passionate about teaching Science, able to encourage and engage our students and demonstrate excellent classroom skills. This position is offered initially on a one year fixed term basis (1 September 2021 to 31 August 2022); applications would be welcome from NQTs.
In 2020, 76% of pupils achieved two or more 9 - 4 grades in GCSE Science and 45% achieved two or more 9 – 5 grades in GCSE Science. 100% achieved 9 – 5 grades in Triple Science in 2020.
Why join Sir William Robertson Academy?
Sir William Robertson Academy is a popular and successful 11-18 comprehensive school situated in delightful rural surroundings on the Lincolnshire/Nottinghamshire border. Pupils with a positive approach to learning, a committed staff and a supportive body of parents have helped to create a school which was judged by OFSTED (March 2019) to be ‘Good’ in every area of its provision. Sir William Robertson Academy has been acknowledged as one of the top 100 non-selective state-funded schools in England.
We will offer you:
• Competitive salary
• Excellent pension options
• Healthcare cashplan, including Employee Assistance Programme
• CPD opportunities
• Salary sacrifice schemes, such as cycle to work
• Staff Benefits Dashboard, including cinema, shopping & leisure discounts
If you have any questions about this vacancy, or would like to arrange a visit to school in advance of submitting an application, please contact Mrs Samantha Quincey firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01400 272422.
Closing date: Noon, Friday 7 May 2021
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.