Teaching Assistant - Maternity Cover
Executive Head Teacher: Peter Cresswell Roll: 150
The Governors of Keyworth Primary school are seeking to appoint an energetic and enthusiastic Teaching Assistant to join our caring school. This position is a maternity cover and will be fixed term, ending when the post holder returns to work.
The successful candidate will:
- Prepare and deliver lessons for individual pupils, groups and whole classes (under the overall direction of the teacher). Teaching English and maths to groups of children will be a daily part of the role.
- Be able to plan, prepare and deliver targeted support and intervention to support children
- Be nurturing, committed to inclusion and ensure the best possible outcomes for all the children they work with
- Be professional, flexible and adaptive with a high level of organisational skills
- Be a team player who can work closely with all colleagues, parents and carers
- Be a highly motivated individual able to work under their own initiative
- Be personable and friendly
- Have a working knowledge of the KS1 & KS2 and potentially EYFS.
- Demonstrate commitment to the highest standards and play a role in the wider life of the school
- Have experience of supporting children with range of special educational needs
- Have experience of providing whole class cover and willingness to do so at short notice when necessary
- Have good communication skills
- Have proficient literacy, numeracy and IT skills
- Have a commitment to their own professional development
In return we can offer:
- An experienced and supportive staff team
- Well behaved and motivated pupils
- A positive ethos and fantastic backing from our school community and Governing Body
- Continuing professional development.
- Opportunities and support through the other schools in Equals Trust, and through our close collaboration with nearby Crossdale Primary School.
Visit our website to find out more about the school https://www.keyworth.notts.sch.uk/
Visits to the school are encouraged, please contact Claire Buttery, Office Manager, to arrange a socially distanced appointment visit: email@example.com or telephone us on 0115 9748005
Download an application pack at: https://www.keyworth.notts.sch.uk/ (see ‘About Us’ section)
To apply for the job complete an application form and, considering the person specification, write an additional statement of no more than 750 words explaining why you have the right experience for our team. All applications should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 21st May Interviews: wb 24th May 2021
Start Date: Approximately 21st June 2021. TBC when post holder confirms start of maternity.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.