We are looking for a caring and skilled teaching assistant to join us at Stanstead Nursery and Primary School.
The post is initially for a 1-year fixed term contract.
You will be based in upper KS2 working to support a child on a 1:1 basis to enable them to continue to access time in school. Experience of working with children in KS2 is essential as is experience of working with children with additional needs in a mainstream school setting. There will also be times when you will be supporting groups of children within the classroom.
The successful candidate will have knowledge of autistic spectrum disorder (ASD) and experience of supporting a child with traits of ASD in a classroom setting.
- Enjoy working with children and delight in their learning journey
- Have a consistent approach to the care, learning and development of children as individuals
- Liaise with parents of the children
- Network and share good practice
- Have a range of skills and experience in supporting children within a classroom setting and on a 1:1 basis
- Engage with any CPD to support you develop your role
What we can offer:
- A wonderfully diverse school where the children are eager to learn, determined to be the best school in the Universe
- A passionate, positive and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision
- A strong network of schools who support each other and share best practice.
- A commitment to quality CPD as part of the Flying High Partnership
- Staff who work and support each other and enjoy being Team Stanstead
If you feel that this post may be for you then please contact school for an application pack.
We strongly advise that you call the school to arrange a phone call with the Acting Head Teacher, Claire Lindsay, as visits are not possible at the moment. This will enable you to get a real understanding of the role and of what Stanstead Nursery and Primary school can offer you.
Application forms and further information are available from the school via email firstname.lastname@example.org
An application form can also be downloaded below
Alternatively, please send a large, SAE to the address above.
We are committed to safeguarding our children – any offers of posts are provisional pending verifying CRB check and references.
Application Deadline 7th May 2021, midday
Start Date as soon as possible
This vacancy is closed to applications.