Teacher of Art (0.8)
Headteacher: Mr M Golden Roll 405 (11-18)
Required for September 2021
Our School is vibrant, purposeful and inclusive. We demand commitment and have high expectations of both students and staff. As a team, we are committed to delivering high quality teaching and learning in a supportive and caring environment.
As a smaller than average school, students here benefit from being known as individuals. They are supported in an environment which is positive, caring and inclusive; where success is celebrated publicly.
Kirkby College Academy is a community school, as such, it is important to us that students, parents and staff are highly valued. The latest Ofsted monitoring visit (March 2021) stated that “leaders and managers are taking effective action”.
In Key Stage 4, students currently study AQA GCSE Art; knowledge of this specification would be advantageous. Art has been a consistently high achieving subject in both Key Stage 3 & 4.
We require applications from candidates who fit our core purpose of improving the life changes for all our students. You will be:
• A highly effective teacher
• Required to have a strong subject knowledge
• Committed to raising student achievement
• A proactive team player
• Efficient, highly motivated and organised.
For the right candidate the school will offer:
• Opportunities to develop your professional practice.
• A supportive yet challenging environment, aspiring for excellence.
If you feel you are able to fulfil this pivotal role, we would like to hear from you. Please send for an application form via email firstname.lastname@example.org or visit our website. More information and an application form can be downloaded below.
Closing date for applications is 9am Friday 14th May 2021 it is anticipated that interviews will be held week commencing 24th May 2021.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.