Teacher of SEN/Food
Headteacher: Mr M Golden Roll 405 (11-18)
Required for September 2021
Our School is vibrant, purposeful and inclusive. We demand commitment and have high expectations of both students and staff. As a team, we are committed to delivering high quality teaching and learning in a supportive and caring environment.
As a smaller than average school, students here benefit from being known as individuals. They are supported in an environment which is positive, caring and inclusive; where success is celebrated publicly.
Kirkby College Academy is a community school, as such, it is important to us that students, parents and staff are highly valued. The latest Ofsted monitoring visit (March 2021) stated that “leaders and managers are taking effective action”. However, ensuring that our SEND students are consistently well supported throughout the curriculum is a priority and we are focussed on building a team of staff who are particularly skilled in engaging and motivating SEND students and who are able to work across the curriculum to drive and monitor progress.
The successful candidate will join an enthusiastic and supportive team within Learning Support under Technology at GCSE. For a suitably experienced candidate a TLR2a may available to undertake the role of Head of House.
Applications are welcome from experienced teachers.
We require applications from candidates who are keen to contribute to improving the life chances of all our students. You will be:
• A highly effective classroom teacher
• Required to have an excellent understanding of engaging and promoting the progress of SEND students
• Committed to raising student achievement
• A proactive team player
• Efficient, highly motivated and organised
For the right candidate the school will offer:
• Opportunities to develop your professional practice.
• A supportive yet challenging environment, aspiring for excellence.
If you feel you are able to fulfil this pivotal role, we would like to hear from you. Please send for an application form via email email@example.com or visit our website. More information and an application form can be downloaded below.
Closing date for applications is 9am Friday 14th May 2021and it is anticipated that interviews will be held week commencing 24th May 2021.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.