An opportunity has risen for a Social Work position in the MASH (adults) Team.
The MASH provides an ideal opportunity to work in a unique environment working closely with partner agencies and district adult social care teams across Nottinghamshire to ensure people with needs for care and support can live free from abuse or neglect. The MASH offers an established and supportive culture where you will be able to develop your expertise in safeguarding, which in turn, will contribute towards career progression.
We are looking for a Social Worker who enjoy working as part of a multi-agency team in a fast-paced environment, whilst supporting colleagues to make timely decisions to respond to safeguarding concerns and customer demand. You will join a friendly and established team whose emphasis is on making safeguarding personal and delivering a proportionate response to concerns raised about adults at risk.
You will need to have:
- A Social Work qualification (including Social Work England registration)
- Experience and knowledge of safeguarding work and Making Safeguarding Personal
- The ability to work on your own initiative whilst working closely with your colleagues, partner agencies and district teams
- Knowledge of Nottinghamshire’s Adult Care Strategy and an understanding of relevant policy and legislation underpinning social work practice
- Evidence of continued professional development
- Experience of analysing complex referrals and working with internal and external partners
- Have effective communication, organisational and IT skills are essential
In return for your commitment, we will provide a supportive team environment with access to professional development opportunities. You will receive regular supervision and be supported to attend training to progress your career and continued professional development requirements.
For an informal discussion about the role, please contact Team Manager Amanda Marsden on 01158042646 or email Amanda.email@example.com.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full-time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
Nottinghamshire County Council strives to ensure that it goes beyond the requirements of the Equalities Act and prides itself on being a Stonewall Top 100 employer as well as being accredited as a Disability Confident Organisation. Therefore, the County Council encourages applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.