Space Inclusive is an East Midlands based social enterprise committed to improving the lives and prospects of people with learning disabilities and learning difficulties by offering appropriate and aspirational day opportunities. We support around 150 people across 4 sites in Nottinghamshire, providing person-centred programmes for young adults with learning disabilities who have a personal budget. We offer practical real-life based activities that will support them in their transition from school or college into a sustainable adult life.
We recognise there are many challenges young adults can face and we strive to support people’s individual needs through small group working and providing access to a range of opportunities in three main areas: skills for employment, skills for supported/independent living and social skills.
We are currently looking to appoint a full-time Support Worker at one of our Nottingham sites. Please see Job Description for further details of the role.
The Ideal Candidate:
- Will have extensive experience of working with people on the autistic spectrum.
- Will have experience of supporting people with some level of physical disability.
- Will be supportive, respectful and empathic to service users, parents, carers, colleagues and visitors.
- Will share with other team members previous experience, skills and knowledge which may be relevant to the team in providing its service.
- Will liaise and coordinate with other team members to provide a cohesive, high quality service.
- Regular support and supervision.
- Good rates of pay with opportunity for annual incremental pay rise.
- Workplace Pension Scheme.
- Increasing holiday allowance in line with years’ service.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- Access to occupational health support.
- Paid mental health and wellbeing leave.
- Developing service so opportunities for career progression.
For further information please see Job Description and Person Specification below
To apply, please complete and return the Application Form from the bottom of this advert.
Interviews will be held on Thursday 20 May 2021.
If you would like to discuss this vacancy, please contact Claire Smith, Office Manager, on 0115 837 0693.
This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 and therefore applicants will be required to declare any cautions, convictions, reprimands and final warnings that are not protected (i.e. that are not filtered out) as defined by the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974 (Exceptions) Order 1975 (as amended in 2013). Job offers will be subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service with barred lists check. Please note that it is a criminal offence for people who are barred from working in regulated activity to apply for roles that require them to work unsupervised with that particular group (i.e. adults at risk, children or both).
This vacancy is closed to applications.