We are looking for an experienced adviser to support a cluster of academies in a region.
Supporting our 37 Academies to ensure our 16,000+ pupils get the best education is your mission. Our aim is to ensure a balance of preventative and responsive actions to support our academies in achieving continuous improvement through our people commitments.
This is a opportunity to join our team, providing advice and guidance to support the academy Principals to meet their people agenda. The People Directorate is transitioning to an “academy partner” model, embedding the Trust people commitments with key priorities such as staff wellbeing, employee engagement, finding more efficiencies in our processes through the implementation of new technologies and provision of on-going support and development for our academy leaders.
Your duties will include:
- Providing high level of customer focused advice and guidance to our academy leaders.
- Developing and implementing policies and toolkits to support and enhance academy performance
- Interpreting and advising on employment law particularly those supporting educational improvement.
- Promoting equality and diversity as part of the culture of the organisation.
- Keeping up to date on DfE initiatives with a focus on safeguarding children and safer recruitment practices and ensuring processes are adhered to both in the recruitment of new staff and throughout the employee lifecycle.
- Supporting Trust leaders on various people management strategies and initiatives, such as harmonisation, employee relations,restructuring and TUPE when necessary.
- You will have a collaborative approach to working within our team and our leaders across the Trust.
- You must be proactive and be able to embrace the changes and challenges typical of working within a Multi Academy Trust of this size.
- You will have up to date knowledge of current UK employment law.
- A self-starter with the spirit, ability and desire to work remotely on your own, whilst still being an integral part of a small centralised function.
- Using your people practice knowledge you will possess the ability to provide and action appropriate risk-based options which underpin good employment practices.
You can work within a cluster of academies, usually based on a geographical location. You will work across different venues being based from either home, from one of our academies or from our Nottingham office, offering flexibility in managing your diary. There may be some travel requirements a full driving licence and own transport is essential.
We can offer an agile working environment and are happy to discuss at interview working patterns, offering flexibility in working days, hours and weeks worked per year.
You will be encouraged to attend employment law seminars, and will have access to our fantastic learning alliance events. As an employee of the Greenwood Academies Trust you will be eligible for a competitive pension scheme, mileage payment and a generous holiday allowance.
If you share our ethos and wish to be part of this great organisation, we look forward to hearing from you. If this post attracts sufficient interest before the closing date, we may decide to close this vacancy at an earlier date, so an early application is advised.
For more information please visit: www.greenwoodacademies.org
Closing date: 9th May 2021 23:55PM
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks, therefore, all posts within the Trust are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check.
All adults employed by the Trust have a responsibility for data protection and have a duty to observe and follow the principles of the GDPR Regulations
The Trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
All applicants must be able to provide evidence of their Right to Work in the UK prior to commencement of employment. As part of our need to comply with UK immigration rules, you will be required to provide Home Office stipulated documentation prior to interview.
This vacancy is closed to applications.