Head of School
Following the successful appointment of our new Head Teacher we are seeking to appoint an outstanding and inspiring Head of School for our Fernwood site starting September 2019.
This is a perfect opportunity for a dynamic and talented leader, and would suit either an existing Head Teacher, somebody new to Headship or an experienced member of a leadership team, but certainly someone who is committed to raising achievement and maintaining and building upon the excellent teaching and learning practice in our school, whilst working within a fantastic community of children, staff, parents and governors.
Chuter Ede Primary School is based on two sites, the original and larger site at Balderton (420 pupils) and the ever growing Fernwood site (210 pupils with potential to expand to 420). It is one school under one governing body and in September 2019 the Leadership Team will consist of Head Teacher of the whole school across both sites based mainly at the Balderton site, Head of School at Fernwood, an Assistant Head/SENCo, Assistant SENCo, Assessment Co-ordinator and Department Leaders. If you would like to work in a large and friendly school that is committed to providing children with an ‘outstanding’ learning experience, that aims to continually develop and grow, and where teamwork and the professional development of all staff is important, we would love to hear from you.
Our ideal candidate will:
- Be a creative thinker and have a great sense of humour
- Put children at the heart of everything they do
- Have current senior leadership experience
- Share our vision of valuing everyone and aiming for our best
- Be an outstanding and enthusiastic classroom practitioner with a proven track record of raising standards
- Be an excellent leader with a passion and commitment to improving and impacting positively on the lives of our young people
- Have a proven ability to lead, inspire and motivate others
- Have the ability to drive forward developments in our curriculum
- Be able to develop effective partnerships with staff, governors, parents and the wider community in order to drive forward change and shape the future direction of Chuter Ede Primary School
This vacancy is a full time position with no fixed teaching commitments. There is however an expectation that the successful candidate can lead by example and has the skills to model high quality teaching and learning.
We actively encourage visits to our school. Should you have any further questions or wish to arrange a visit, please make contact with Tracey Lee, Finance Manager in the school office on 01636 683550.
Please visit our website at www.chuterede.com to download a job description, person specification and application form (under Vacancies). The completed form should be returned to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: 28th March 2019 Midday. Interviews to be held: 25th April 2019
Chuter Ede is committed to safeguarding the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. A full DBS check is a requirement for this post.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.