To Start 23rd April 2019 with 2 weeks overlap to work alongside our current Site Manager
Following the retirement of our current Site Manager, we are looking to appoint a new, energetic, enthusiastic and dedicated Site Manager to join the team at Kirkby Woodhouse Primary School after Easter. 37 hours (split am and pm shift per day). Holidays - 24 days (out of term time) plus 8 statutory Bank Holidays.
We are a happy, friendly, caring and busy school where we seek to go ‘Beyond Expectations’ in all we do.
We are part of the Aspire Multi-Academy Trust – a small group of schools who share the same ethos and vision.
Our core purpose is the Profound Personal Development of our children. We have a clear ‘Values Based’ approach to learning and through our exciting and creative curriculum, both in and out of the classroom, we can truly say, ‘It’s Never Boring Here’. There is always plenty going on in our school. We are a large primary school, with approximately 450 children on roll. We have an extensive site, including our own grounds with a large field, pond and woodland area.
We are looking for someone to join our Kirkby Woodhouse family who:
- Will contribute to the ethos of Kirkby Woodhouse School.
- Enjoys working with children and adults.
- Has a sense of humour.
- Is happy in their work, even when faced with challenges – a solutions person who enjoys solving problems.
- Strives to be the best they can be and has high expectations of themselves and their work.
- Is enthusiastic and has a positive work ethic.
- Has excellent communication skills and the ability to work in close partnership with others.
- Is well organised and efficient.
- Acts upon their own initiative.
- Demonstrates real commitment to working as part of a team.
- Is reliable and trustworthy.
- Is flexible and able to adapt to a variety of situations.
- Has the skills to effectively lead and manage others.
- Is prepared to access any necessary training related to the post.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The maintenance of the school site and having high standards to ensure a safe, clean, attractive and secure environment.
- Good DIY skills.
- Flexibility in your approach to the working hours (the working pattern will change during school holiday periods and you may also be required to open/close the school site on the occasional weekend lettings when the grounds are hired out to others).
- In cases of emergency outside the working week, e.g. intruders, fire, floods, alarms etc, an ability to attend as required.
- Being organised and effective and able to ensure deadlines are met.
- Planning for, carrying out and monitoring the regular cycles of monthly/annual tasks and checks.
- Being efficient, organised and capable to prioritise tasks effectively.
- Undertaking regular inspections of the site and buildings, recording necessary repairs, obtaining estimates and liaising with contractors.
- Record keeping including log books.
- Taking a lead role in Health and Safety - having a sound knowledge and experience of implementing all appropriate Health and Safety Compliance in school and maintain accurate records.
- Administration overseeing building/site maintenance and project works.
- Leading, managing and co-ordinating the work of our cleaning team.
- Ensuring organisational procedures and legal requirements are adhered to.
- Ensuring the school site is managed lawfully, ethically and morally.
- Planning and managing relevant services and contractors to ensure agreed standards are met for repairs, emergencies and general maintenance and that services are delivered on time and within budget.
- Dealing with problems and assessing risks.
- Recommending and implementing actions for improvement that meet the school’s needs.
In return, we can offer you:
- A friendly, hard-working and extremely supportive team of staff to work alongside.
- Excellent Continued Professional Development that will support the growth of the role.
- A period of overlap with the current Site Manager to ‘get to know the ropes’.
- Opportunities to liaise with/shadow other Site Managers within other primary schools who are part of the Aspire MAT.
- Resources and support to enhance your provision.
- The opportunity to become involved in the wider life of our school.
- A ‘handy-man’ who will be available at certain points during the week to assist you with bigger jobs/tasks.
If you think Kirkby Woodhouse School sounds like the place for you, we would really like to meet you.
To arrange a visit to come and look around the school and/or to request an application pack with a detailed job description/person specification, please contact Mrs Judy Rawson in our School Office: email@example.com or send a large stamped addressed envelope.
Shortling: 29th March2019. Interviews: 04th April 2019.
We look forward to meeting you.