Head of School
Number on roll: 126, Age range: 3 – 18
Required from September 2019
St Giles is a friendly and aspirational school for children and young people aged 3-18 with a broad range of needs from moderate/severe to profound and multiple, which includes those with autism and associated behaviours. We are situated in the market town of Retford and our school serves the whole of the Bassetlaw area, which is the most northerly district of Nottinghamshire.
Our pupils are encouraged to work in a stimulating and caring environment, where they are taught that ‘no dreams are out of reach’. Our aim is to develop the full potential of individual children involving teachers, other professionals and parents in partnership.
We are seeking an inspiring, dynamic leader whose value driven leadership will enable our students to access educational opportunities via an individualised curriculum, and, wherever possible, enabling and supporting them to be active citizens in the wider community.
You must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and managerial skills, as well as having significant experience and knowledge of working with children and young people with a range of complex needs. As a skilled SEND practitioner, you will have proven success in leading a team in delivering a personalised curriculum.
We are looking for:
- A leader with a strong background of SEND education, with high expectations of staff and pupils.
- A leader who will inspire and develop the whole school community.
- A resourceful professional able to manage the performance of colleagues and inspire the highest standards of teaching and learning.
- A leader with the skills and personality to take our school forward in partnerships into its next phase of development.
Visits by potential applicants to St Giles School are encouraged and welcomed. To arrange a visit to the school please contact the Executive Headteacher, Donna Chambers at St Giles School, telephone: 01777 703683.
Application forms and further details are available from, Mrs Jag Wilson, Governor Services, Meadow House, Littleworth, Mansfield, Nottinghamshire NG18 2TB, telephone number: 0115 8040721 or email: email@example.com
Clsoing Date 12 Noon 28 March 2019 - Shortlisting will take place on Thursday, 4 April, 2019 - Interviews will take place on Wednesday, 24 and Thursday, 25 April, 2019.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.