Director of Quality Assurance and School Improvement
A unique opportunity to join the senior leadership team of one of the most successful primary academy trusts in the country.
Are you an inspirational Head teacher or Executive Head teacher?
Are you looking to take on a strategic role as part of a nationally recognised primary academy trust?
Do you believe all children should have every opportunity to succeed and make every day count?
Do you have the perfect blend of skills to get the best out of people?
Then we want to hear from you!
This is an exciting and unique opportunity for a highly effective and inspiring school leader to play a strategic role within our partnership of schools. Our partnership currently has twenty-two primary schools across the East Midlands with further growth planned. This role will form part of the senior leadership team, working across a group of schools to ensure that all children are provided with the best possible opportunities. Working together we will create the best schools in the universe where we make every day count.
The mission of The Flying High Partnership is founded upon the principle of continuous school improvement. This post is intended to enhance the capacity of the partnership to improve the performance of all academies within the Multi Academy Trust from whatever their starting point may be.
The Director of Quality Assurance and School Improvement will support an allocated group of schools, enabling them to grow the capacity to improve themselves and secure the highest standards of learning and achievement for our children. The post holder will be accountable for the success of each school through developing a balance between standardisation and a celebration of each school’s uniqueness.
The Director of Quality Assurance and School Improvement will proactively promote and demonstrate the Flying High Partnership’s vision, values and behaviours and will form part of a dynamic and forward thinking school improvement team, reporting to the Director of Education.
What we can offer you:
- A passionate, positive, highly skilled and motivated central team who put children at the heart of every decision.
- A dynamic and forward thinking school improvement team who are outward facing and determined to create the best opportunities for the children.
- A Trust with a national reputation and a track record of high quality education and experience of leading rapid school improvement.
- A partnership of schools with relationships at its heart ensuring a friendly atmosphere encompassing a supportive ethos.
- Access to a significant resource for school improvement which includes Head teacher +, Lead Practitioners, extensive CPD and systems to supported targeted recruitment. This ensures that in your role as DQASI you have the tools to make rapid impact.
- Extensive financial, business, estates and HR support and systems, ensuring that you are able to focus on delivering high quality school improvement.
- Extensive CPD to support your development. This includes access to the National Professional Qualification for Executive Leaders.
- The opportunity to contribute to national thinking, through our close working relationships with the Regional School Commissioner and DfE.
- Recognition that all schools are unique, with an approach that encourages local accountability and governance that is responsive to community needs.
What we are looking for:
- An inspirational school leader with a strong track record as a primary Head teacher.
- Have a strong track record of school-to-school support,which has had a demonstrable positive impact on children’s attainment and progress.
- A forward thinking practitioner who is able to look outwards to ensure that we always remain at the cutting edge.
- An individual that is able to get the best from others, expertly balancing support and challenge
- A fantastic team player, able to be a positive addition to the central team.
- A good sense of humour and a willingness to have fun.
Don’t miss out on this incredible opportunity and to take a significant next step in your leadership journey.
For further information and to access an application pack please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
We are happy to schedule an informal conversation or meeting to discuss this opportunity with Claire Varley our Director of Education, Paul Goodman Deputy CEO or Chris Wheatley our CEO. Please contact email@example.com to schedule a discussion.
Our trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, therefore all positions are offered subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming your suitability to work with children
Start date: 1st September 2019
Application deadline: 5pm on the 3rd April
Interview date: Two-day interview to take place on the 24th and 25th April
This vacancy is closed to applications.