Our vision is to be an outstanding school. Are you an innovative, exciting and reflective practitioner who can make a difference? Are you looking for a unique opportunity? Join our vibrant team of dedicated professionals who are committed to ensuring EVERY child succeeds.
2 x Full-time Teaching Assistant (will consider job share/part time for the right candidate)
These positions will mainly involve supporting a child on a one-to-one basis in the classroom as well as small groups. The contract could be extended, depending on funding.
We are seeking an excellent Teaching Assistant who will:
- Have the “Supporting Teaching & Learning in Schools” qualification – level 2 (or NVQ level equivalent)
- Have knowledge & experience of the social & emotional needs of children on the Autistic Spectrum
- Use own initiative to promote engaging play activities at break-times
- Work cooperatively within the full school team
- Have a positive and enthusiastic outlook on school life, demonstrating enthusiasm, energy & passion
- Demonstrate a professional attitude at all times
- Be able to work independently & use own initiative to plan & adapt lessons
- Have excellent behaviour management strategies
- Contribute fully & thoughtfully to school meetings & meetings with outside agencies
- Have excellent relationships with parents
- Share a determination, with the rest of the team, that each child will reach his/her full potential & be happy, safe & secure in our care
- Work with & act upon guidance provided by teachers & other professionals/outside agencies
- Monitor and evaluate pupils’ responses to learning activities & report back to colleagues
- Provide objective and accurate feedback and reports as required, to the teacher on pupil achievement, progress and other matters, ensuring the availability of appropriate evidence
- responding to first aid needs from pupils and complete appropriate documentation
We can offer you:
- A welcoming and friendly school that values everyone
- A supportive, happy & cohesive staff team and Governing Body
- The opportunity to make an outstanding contribution to our school and The Flying High Trust
- Wonderful children who are friendly, enthusiastic and positive in their learning
- Supportive parents
- Everything we do is focused on giving every child the best possible start in life, irrespective of background, race, gender, culture or ability. Children have one chance at education – we aim to make it the best!
Ernehale Junior School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people. The post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosure.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and recommended; please call the school to book a space on a group tour.
To apply, please follow link to school website, http://www.ernehale-jun.notts.sch.uk/ then click on Vacancies to download an application form. Full job descriptions and further details are available are also available here. Paper applications will not be sent out. Please send all completed application forms to Tamzin Mistry, School Business Manager firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 29th March 2019