Primary Family SENCo - Eastwood
Are you passionate about improving the life chances of vulnerable pupils? Do you have energy in abundance along with the creativity to work in partnership with five primary schools in order to get the best possible outcomes for SEND pupils across the schools? Then look no further than wanting to ply your trade and skills here in the town of D.H. Lawrence. In doing so you will be joining our successful and popular teams of teachers and support staff led by our forward thinking Governors and Headteachers who have formed strong relationships over many years with Nottinghamshire LA.
In line with Nottinghamshire Local Authority best practice, the Eastwood Primary Family of Schools are seeking to appoint an experienced teacher and Special Educational Needs Coordinator to facilitate our committed and well organised SENCos to provide effective provision for the learning and teaching of pupils with Special Educational Needs within the Family.
The successful applicant will have the ability to co-ordinate a team of experienced professionals. He/she will be responsible for the management of the Family AFN budget and allocations to schools as well as coordinating training in line with identified needs across the Family.
This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced teacher to develop his/her leadership skills.
- To ensure that funding decisions for children with significant SEN are fair, agreed and that the process is transparent. Supporting the moderation process by visiting all schools at least half termly to see identified children and their provision and needs.
- To maintain, review and develop working practices which follow agreed SEN policy and protocols.
- To manage the Family AFN budget and HLN process.
- To keep up to date with and disseminate new initiatives and good practice.
- To chair Family SENCo meetings.
- To liaise with Family Headteachers; attending Family Heads’ Meetings termly or when required to do so.
- To liaise with all school SENCos within the Primary Family of Schools.
- To develop links with Children’s Services, parents, secondary providers and the local community.
- Attend relevant training.
The Eastwood Primary Family of schools includes:
- Brookhill Leys Primary & Nursery School
- Greasley Beauvale Primary School
- Lawrence View Primary & Nursery School
- Springbank Primary School
- The Priory Catholic Voluntary Academy
It is expected that the post-holder will not be based at any one school but will divide their time between all schools within the Family.
Applicants must complete and sign an application form. You should also send a letter in support of your application to outline your philosophy and include any detail that you feel is important and relevant to this post. Where possible, use Curriculum Vitae to present factual information.
For an informal discussion about this post, please contact either Mrs Emma McGrenaghan Headteacher at Lawrence View Primary & Nursery School (01773 719463) or Mrs Jacquie Sainsbury Headteacher at Brookhill Leys Primary & Nursery School (01773 713452).
Further details and an application form are available at http://www.greasleybeauvale.co.uk/vacancies/, by emailing email@example.com or by calling (01773 712128).
Closing date: Friday 29th March 2019 at 10am
Shortlisting: Friday 29th March 2019
Interview date: Friday 5th April 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.