Personal Care Assistant
Principal: Stuart Cameron
Fountaindale School provides outstanding specialist provision for pupils with physical disabilities and complex medical needs. We are seeking to recruit Personal Care Assistants to support the feeding and health and care needs of our pupils during the lunchtime period, 12pm to 1pm, Monday to Friday, term time only.
This post involves:
- Providing our pupils with an enjoyable and safe lunchtime experience
- Supporting pupils feeding, following eating plans provided
- Supporting health care needs
- Maintaining a safe environment
- Supporting personal care, if required
- Working in cooperation with other team members
Training will be provided to the successful applicants but experience of working in a care environment would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will:
- Have the ability to build excellent, professional and supportive relationships with our pupils.
- Have good communication skills
- The ability to work under direction
- Ability to show initiative, when necessary
- Work well within a team
- Support the values of the school
- Recognise and comply with high standards of health and safety
- Engage with all training required for this role
Fountaindale can provide:
- The opportunity to work with wonderful, inspiring and appreciative children and young adults
- An outstanding, purpose built learning environment
- Highest standards of provision & resources
- Support from a skilled, hardworking and experienced team.
- Professional development opportunities
- An experience that is rewarding and varied
- Certified training
- Safeguarding training
- A supportive induction
- A warm and friendly welcome
- Opportunity for additional hours on a supply basis, as required
- Opportunities to further develop and progress
Further information about Fountaindale School can be found on our website: www.fountaindale.notts.sch.uk
If you would like to join the Fountaindale Team, please apply on-line: http://www.fountaindale.notts.sch.uk/employment/personal-care-assistant1
Closing Date: 4th April 2019
If you would like to visit prior to application we will be proud to show you around our outstanding school. Please phone to arrange a visit with Anita Buffrey on 01623 792671
Please be aware all appointments are subject to reference and DBS checks. The school adheres to safeguarding recruitment processes and policies.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.