EYFS Class Teacher
Are you passionate about teaching and ensuring all children receive the best possible education?
Do you want to work in a fantastic forward-thinking school that places children at the heart of their decisions?
Are you motivated to lead and support others as part of our Mapplewellian family?
Mapplewells Primary and Nursery School sits in the heart of Sutton in Ashfield and is a proud member of the Flying High Trust. A fantastic opportunity has arisen to become the Teaching and Learning Leader at our wonderful school. Mapplewells has a strong reputation within the local community that is built on high expectations and being a proud Mapplewellian! We equip our children with essential knowledge and skills to enable them to achieve strong academic success as well as essential learning for life – SUCCESS is in our hands! This all takes place in an environment that showcases the highest standards from a dedicated team that places the children at the heart of every decision.
The search is on for a superb, highly motivated EYFS classroom teacher with a passion for providing children with high quality, interactive and memorable learning experiences.
We are part of the Flying High Partnership, a primary only forward thinking and supportive trust who put the children at the heart of everything we do. Being part of the trust offers staff incredible opportunities with exceptional continuing professional development at every stage of your career, opportunities for career progression both within your own school and across the partnership, a partnership of schools that prioritise wellbeing and workload of staff, a strong package of incentives for all employees and a genuine sense of teamwork across all schools and across the partnership with a determination to have fun.
The successful candidate will:
• Have a proven track record of exceptional teaching
• Have a clear vision for and understanding of pupil’s needs
• Form strong relationships with children and get to the heart of each and every child in their care
• Have high aspirations and is passionate about providing children with the very best opportunities
• Embrace creativity and have a positive attitude
• Is fascinated by learning and actively seeks new ideas and research
• Will go the extra mile
• Be passionate about the curriculum and ensuring children have the very best learning experiences, whilst building on and consolidating prior knowledge
• Love supporting and inspiring staff and children
• Have great ideas and be willing to share them
• Sincerely values every member of the school community
• Believe in each and every child and have high aspirations for their achievement
• Be able to make learning fun and engaging whilst ensuring all children are appropriately challenged.
What we can offer:
• A school that is forward thinking and open to new ideas
• Amazing, articulate, hardworking and enthusiastic children who are proud to be Mapplewellians;
• A dedicated team that truly places children at the heart of what we do
• A full induction programme
• A support network of Teaching and Learning Leaders within the Flying High Trust
• Excellent CPL opportunities through Flying High Futures
• Access to training resources through The National College
• A Trust of 31 schools for development opportunities within the schools and central team
• An ethos of humility and commitment to work/life balance
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed and strongly recommended (as you can probably tell we are extremely proud of our children and school). Please contact our school office on 01623 455949 or by email firstname.lastname@example.org. For further information about Mapplewells Primary and Nursery School including how to apply and application packs please visit https://www.mapplewellsprimary.co.uk/job-vacancies/
Alternatively, they can be requested by contacting the school by telephone on 01623 455949 by email email@example.com or by downloading below.
Interview Date: Friday 9th December 2023
Start Date: 27th January 2023
The Flying High Partnership is committed to safeguarding children and promoting the welfare of children. All staff and volunteers are expected to share in that commitment. The post is subject to enhanced DBS disclosures. Governors welcome applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.