Head Teacher: Mrs Shelley Bennett. Roll: 200 pupils.
“Aim High and Shine” is our school motto, and that describes the person we are looking for to be our next site manager!
John T. Rice Infant and Nursery is a busy, thriving and fun school. The school sits within a close community and has an excellent reputation, which it richly deserves. The staff at JTR are passionate about ensuring the quality of education the children receive is world class and as the site manager, you would be fully contributing to this.
The job will involve working a split shift, opening up and locking up at the end of the day (6:00am-10:00am and 2:30pm – 6:00pm, Monday – Friday). A vital aspect of your role as site manager would be to uphold the excellent standards of cleanliness within school also ensuring the outside of the building and grounds are welcoming, safe and accessible for the children. Together with this, it is expected you complete general maintenance and are responsible for the full range of site management duties.
The role requires the successful candidate to demonstrate practical skills, such as:
- Small scale painting and decorating
- Assembling of flat pack furniture
- Installation of curtain rails, blinds, anti-finger trappers
- Simple plumbing skills such as unblocking sinks
- Liaising with any contractors we have in school
- Completing some paperwork in relation to health and safety aspect of school
Together with these practical aspects, it is vital the successful candidate becomes part of our team at JTR. In order to do this, we are looking for someone with a great sense of humour, someone who is willing to go the extra mile for the benefit of the school and someone who is keen to see our successful school continue on its exciting journey. Ideally you should have a minimum of two years’ experience in a similar type of position but this is not essential as we will be offering a full range of training.
The children at our school are the most important people and we are looking for someone who values them, their safety, well-being and happiness as much as we do. To learn more about our school have a look on the website http://www.johntrice.notts.sch.uk/
If you think you are the person we are looking for and feel you have skills, expertise and enthusiasm, then we would strongly welcome visits to look around our lovely school.
To make an appointment and request an application pack please contact the office 01623 465588 or email@example.com
Closing date Friday 17th May 2019 at 12:00 noon.
Interviews held on Wednesday 22nd May 2019.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.