Teacher of PE (male)
Required for September 2019, flexible working options available.
The Elizabethan Academy is a successful 11-19 Academy full of passion, innovation and character. Students and staff benefit from excellent facilities. We are looking to recruit a male Teacher of PE to share our commitment and determination to providing a learning environment that enables all young people to thrive. We have all-encompassing professional development with a structured path to enable career progression. This includes secondments at other schools in the East Midlands and formal leadership training and coaching. We believe in our staff and want them to be the best they can be.
This post could suit an NQT as well as a more experienced applicant. The post will be recruited initially on a fixed term.
The successful candidate will join a hardworking, forward thinking and supportive department at an exciting time. We have excellent CPL opportunities and are part of the Redhill Teaching Alliance. We work closely with our feeder primary schools and the successful candidate will have scope for working across phases.
Our ideal candidate will:
- be passionate about teaching PE
- be able to teach across KS3, KS4 & KS5
- have the skills and flexibility to teach GCSE & A-Level PE
- be committed to achieving excellent results for their students
- be enthusiastic about making a significant contribution to extra-curricular sporting clubs and competitions
- demonstrate high levels of ambition and optimism regarding what the Academy and its students can achieve
- engage, motivate and challenge students across all ability ranges
- have the resolve to make a real difference to the lives of pupils
- enjoy working in a fast paced, solutions focused environment
- be committed to the Academy’s ethos of high expectations with no excuses
Please include details of any second subjects within your application. An ability to teach maths or science would be an advantage.
The Academy is committed to equality of experience for all staff and students. We operate safer recruitment, robust child protection procedures and require evidence of DBS clearance for all employees. Checks will also be made with previous employers.
Full details are available and you may apply online by visiting http://elizabethan.notts.sch.uk/vacancies or telephone Helen Upson on 01777 713705. Applications are also invited from any potential applicant with the ability to fulfil this role as an unqualified teacher, full training and support will be provided.
Closing date for applications 12 midday on Friday 17th May 2019. Interviews on w/c 20th May 2019.
This vacancy is closed to applications.