Deputy Head Teacher
Are you an exceptional leader ready for your next challenge?
The Deputy Head Teacher role at High Oakham Primary School is designed for an energetic and dynamic candidate who can innovate and inspire the whole school community in our bid to take the school on to the next level.
This is an excellent opportunity for:
• A competent and strategic leader with a proven track record of school improvement, passionate about raising the quality of teaching, learning and assessment;
• An outstanding and dynamic teacher who inspires by example, putting teaching and learning first;
• A passionate and caring practitioner with high expectations of achievement and dedication to maintaining a safe, inclusive and nurturing environment which reflects the school commitment to safeguarding and equality;
• A strategic thinker, excited about and effective in managing change who will work alongside the Head Teacher to provide, challenge and support in managing rapid improvement for our children;
• A leader of learning who is committed to raising standards and to ensuring that all children achieve their full potential.
• A manager and team leader who possesses excellent interpersonal, organisational and communication skills.
• A professional, able to work in partnership with parents, carers, staff, governors and the community.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is passionate about providing high quality leadership and developing these skills further
• Is able to develop effective partnerships with staff, governors, parents and the wider community in order to help shape the future direction of the school
• Is aspirational for both our school and themselves
• Is able to think reflectively and creatively
• Is passionate about children and education, is able to inspire, nurture and motivate and who has a desire for improving life opportunities for children
• Is an outstanding role model on all levels, a team player, an excellent communicator and networker
• Has experience of leading across the whole school
• Has taught across the primary phase
• Has a clear and comprehensive knowledge of primary assessment and can a play a lead role in raising achievement through assessment-led strategies
• Has a great sense of humour, is personable and is willing to ‘muck in’
If you like a challenge, like to take risks with your teaching, are willing to take children to exciting places in their learning, like support and encouragement and are keen to continue your professional development, we want to meet you.
We can offer you:
- Well-behaved children who love inspirational teaching
- A lively and exciting place to work in a great location;
- A professional, friendly and dedicated team of staff and supportive Governors;
- A strong sense of community and belonging where everyone is valued
- Effective working partnerships with our local cluster of schools
- Children who want to come to school with parents who want to work closely with us to drive improvement
- Excellent wider CPD opportunities through our links with local hubs and our membership of the Candleby Lane Teaching School Alliance
This is an exciting opportunity to come with us as we embark on our journey to be a beacon school, a hub in the community. We are a good school with a strong aspiration to provide the best education possible for our children. Our forward-looking outlook affords teachers the chance to be creative, collaborative and develop the skills, passions and attributes of all children. We want all our teachers to teach excellent and innovative lessons consistently and be able to coach others to do the same.
A good sense of humour and an appreciation of life and respectful, positive connections are really important to us – do you have these?
Prospective applicant visits are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school to arrange these or to request an application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.
Closing date: Thursday 19 September 2019 12.00 noon
Shortlisting: Thursday afternoon 19 September 2019
Interviews: Thursday 26 September 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.