Number on roll: 99.
Age range: 3-18.
Ash Lea is a friendly and aspirational day school for children and young people aged 3-18 who have complex needs and learning difficulties. We are situated in the small town of Cotgrave 5 miles south-east of Nottingham City.
Our pupils work in a stimulating and caring environment, where they learn; ‘working together to be the best that we can be’. Our aim is to develop the full potential of individual children working in partnership with parents and other professionals.
We are seeking an inspiring, dynamic leader who will enable our students to access educational and life opportunities via an individualised curriculum and support them to be active citizens in the wider community.
You must be able to demonstrate exceptional leadership and managerial skills, as well as having significant experience and knowledge of working with children and young people with a range of complex needs. As a skilled SEND practitioner, you will have proven success in leading a team in delivering a personalised curriculum.
We are looking for:
- A leader with a strong background of SEND education, with high expectations of staff and pupils
- A leader who will inspire and develop the whole school community
- A resourceful professional able to manage the performance of colleagues and champion the highest standards of teaching and learning
- A leader with the skills and personality to take our school forward developing partnerships with the community and other schools to enable its next phase of development
- A leader with high aspirations for pupils during their time at Ash Lea and beyond
We can offer:
- Fantastic children with very supportive parents and families
- Dedicated and hard-working staff
- Highly experienced governing body
- A growing school, recently extended and refurbished, in a pleasant setting
- Strong links to local schools
Visits by potential applicants are encouraged and welcomed Covid restrictions permitting. To arrange an opportunity to view the school please contact the school office to make an appointment on 01159 892744.
Application forms and further details are available at telephone number 0115 8044666 or email email@example.com.
Closing date is Thursday 29th April 2021.
Shortlisting will take place on Thursday, 6 May 2021.
Interviews will take place on Wednesday, 19 May 2021.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.