Early Years Leader
We are looking for an inspirational teacher to lead our Early Years team from September 2021. Beardall Fields was judged RI at its last inspection in 2017 with our Early Years being judged as good. We are a purpose built school which opened in 2014 and have a large spacious building. As we have increased in capacity over a number of years, we have now reviewed our staffing structure to ensure there is additional leadership capacity to maintain the pace of improvement. We have a 26 place Nursery with 10 children accessing 30 hour provision. There are 60 children in our F2 unit.
• lead the Early Years team to ensure high quality teaching across Nursery and Reception
• provide an inspiring and creative curriculum which enables all children to achieve
• ensure all statutory and school assessments are undertaken and be accountable for standards within the EYFS
• organise the management of resources and the day to day running of Early Years
• appraise Early Years staff
• liaise with Senior Leadership Team
• lead staff meetings
• identify training needs and organise CPD
• engaging with parents
The successful candidate will be someone who:
• is an outstanding Early Years practitioner who is passionate about the teaching of phonics and developing early reading
• have a good knowledge of how young children develop
• is creative and inspiring and can adapt calmly to all situations
• has a proven track record of improving outcomes
• has a genuine belief that all children can achieve
• is an excellent communicator who works well with others and values all members of the team
• can engage effectively with all parents and stakeholders
• will work closely with the Senior Leadership Team to ensure the whole school vision is implemented
• is always willing to go the extra mile
We can offer:
• a supportive and hard-working staff team
• wonderful happy children who always want to please
• supportive parents
• a purpose-built learning environment which is well-resourced
• a supportive and challenging Governing body
• a senior leadership team who will support and value your professional development
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed from the 19th April and will be carried out with Covid safety measures in place.
Please telephone the school office on 0115 9638845 from 19th April to make an appointment to visit, or request an application form and further information.
Applications can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 30th April.
Interviews will take place the week beginning 3rd May.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.