Learning Support Assistant
Head Teacher: Caroline Armstrong, Executive Head Teacher: Tony Warsop, Roll: 630
Start date: 1st September 2021
Cotgrave Candleby Lane School is at the heart of our community and strives to ensure that every child has the support, care, guidance and challenge to be the best they can be. Our fun and engaging approach, mixed with an invigorating environment and ethos, enables staff and pupils to push boundaries to be the very best they can be in all aspects of school life. We value the uniqueness in every child and celebrate this with them. This is mirrored with the staff too as every member of our team has to celebrate and be clear about what makes them unique.
The school is proud of the strong bonds created with our children and families. This careful development is the product of nurture; our drive to develop the school’s eight values and truly going the extra mile for our children and families. The strong bonds are also reflected in our staff team, who have a ‘can do’ approach, care for each other, learn together and work well together as a high performing team. Importantly, we also know how to have fun in what we do.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for enthusiastic and compassionate Learning Support Assistants with a commitment to inclusion. The successful applicants will be expected to be flexible in their approach, as at Cotgrave Candleby Lane a fluid approach is adopted with provision to ensure the needs of all children are met. The posts will require working in a range of situations across the school primarily, directed by the teachers.
We are actively seeking and excited to find people who have the ability to form outstanding relationships with children and get to the heart of each and every child in their care. People who have high aspirations and are passionate about providing children with the very best opportunities. Cotgrave Candleby Lane is a forward thinking school who are proud to part of the Flying High Partnership.
We are looking for someone who:
• Delights in being with children and puts the children’s well-being before anything else.
• Is going to bring new ideas & energy to a forward facing school that is continuously striving for excellence.
• Is fascinated by the learning process.
• Is on a mission to continually develop themselves as practitioners.
• Loves supporting and inspiring fellow staff and students.
• Sincerely values every member of the school community.
• Believes in each and every child and has high aspirations for their achievement.
• Enjoys working as part of a supportive team.
• Has the ability to lead and inspire children and staff.
What we can offer you:
• A passionate, positive and motivated team of professionals who put children at the heart of every decision.
• A full induction programme.
• A strong network of schools who support each other and share best practice.
• A commitment to quality CPD as part of the Flying High Trust.
• Significant support through both the Head teacher, Senior Leadership Team and the Flying High Trust, ensuring that you will succeed in this role.
• Working in a supportive partnership within and beyond your school, driven by a moral purpose underpinned by our core ethos and values.
• Working within a developmental, not judgemental, school and partnership.
• Engagement with Trust networks to share best practice and learn from others across our partnership.
• An organisation committed to supporting and enabling the wellbeing of all staff.
If you are keen to be part of our very special team, please request further details.
Application packs and information are available from our website www.candlebylane.co.uk
under the key information section or by emailing the school office: firstname.lastname@example.org
Unfortunately, we are unable to offer visits to our wonderful school due to COVID- 19 however please follow this link to a tour of our wonderful school https://youtu.be/Ikx-2MFW4aE. If you do have any questions about the vacancy please call 0115 989 2284 or email the school office.
Our school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people, therefore all positions are offered subject to an enhanced DBS disclosure and references confirming your suitability to work with children.
Closing Date: Thursday 29th April 2021 @ 12 noon
Interviews: Week Beginning Monday 3rd May 2021