Cook in Charge
An opportunity has arisen for a motivated individual who enjoys cooking food to a high standard to join our academy.
We are seeking a superb cook with a proven track record, who is highly organised, calm under pressure and who has a sound knowledge of food hygiene.
- Do you enjoy cooking food from scratch rather than relying on frozen products?
- Do you believe passionately that children should have a hot meal that will keep them going throughout the day?
- Do you think that you could increase the percentage of children who order a school meal so that the vast majority of children have a hot school meal?
- The post holder will work closely with our suppliers to ensure we get value for money, and provide children with the best fresh high quality produce
- The post holder will work closely with the executive leadership team of the trust to design and implement weekly menus that are fit for purpose for our community’s children.
The key responsibilities for the role include:
- Ordering food
- Monitoring and managing supplies within a budget
- Supervising the work of catering staff
- Administrative duties and payroll.
This job description is not a comprehensive statement of duties, but sets out the main expectations of school catering in relation to the post holder’s responsibilities.
Our Trust Values are: Work-ethic, Team player, Respect, Discipline, Positivity and Ambition. We believe in The Forge Trust Motto ‘Labor Omnia Vincit’. If you are keen to be part of our dynamic team please come and visit us and our children to get a flavour of the academy.
For further information and application packs please contact the school office on 01623 464164 to make an appointment.
Closing date: Friday 7th June 2019. Interviews: Monday 10th June 2019.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.