Number on roll: 238.
Start date: 1st September 2021
Are you the person to lead our happy, successful school forwards to an exciting future?
Abbey Gates is an outstanding school (OfSTED, 2012) and we are looking for an inspirational head teacher to lead us into the next phase of our journey. Are you a creative leader with the vision passion and drive to show how we can continue to improve, whist recognising our current best practice?
Abbey Gates has a highly supportive learning community with the collective desire to be the best it can be. Our children are enthusiastic and thoughtful learners and our staff are caring, hardworking and committed. Our parents and governors are supportive and our PTA is active and involved.
Abbey Gates is a school at the heart of its community where children come first. The needs of an individual child are always our priority. We care for, value and respect each child's contribution to the life of the school. We work to ensure they get the best opportunities to achieve their full potential.
We value the positive collaborative links we have established with other schools, including our local family of schools, and this ensures we continue to develop outstanding practice.
As our new head teacher, you will:
- Have a strong belief in putting children first.
- Be absolutely committed to high standards and have a desire to develop the potential of all children by giving pupils a wide range of memorable learning experiences.
- Be caring, approachable, determined, visionary and strategic.
- Be an excellent classroom practitioner and school leader; being able to lead by example.
- Be able to motivate and inspire both staff and pupils.
- Have the ability to develop strong relationships with staff, pupils, parents, governors, and other stakeholders.
- Be committed to collaborating with our family of schools.
Abbey Gates Primary can offer you:
- A fantastic community of parents and children.
- A dedicated and knowledgeable staff team who are keen to continue their development.
- Experienced and supportive governors who are committed to excellence and school improvement.
- A forward looking and vibrant school which engages with the whole school community and is a great place to work.
- A commitment to your professional development.
- The chance to lead the continued development of an outstanding school.
- The chance to work with a very effective network of local schools.
We would be delighted to meet you and show you round our school prior to you submitting an application. Please contact, the school office to make arrangements (email: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01623 461010). Please note that given the current Covid restrictions it is likely that school visits can only take place after school and following a risk assessment.
Application forms and further details are available from Mrs Jag Wilson at Governor Services by emailing: email@example.com or by telephone: 0115 8044666.
Closing date: Monday 8 March 2021 (12.00 noon).
Shortlisting: Monday 15 March 2021 (5.30pm).
Interviews: Tuesday 23 and Wednesday 24 March 2021.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.