Number on roll: 339.
Start date: 1st September 2021.
Our aim is to provide a stimulating, creative and relevant curriculum, which inspires all children to reach their potential and achieve the highest possible standards in all areas of school life. We believe that strong home/school links and working in partnership with parents/carers is vital in ensuring that our children achieve their best! The governors are now seeking an ambitious leader who has the desire and potential to continue to drive forward our popular and caring school.
Arnold View Primary School has extensive playing fields, an all-weather sports pitch, forest schools’ area and an outdoor learning cabin. The school was built in 2005 and is well resourced with the latest technology to support learning. We have an excellent extra-curricular programme which encompasses a broad range of sporting and artistic activities and have been the recipients of a number of awards, including Investors in Pupils, Dyslexia Friendly Schools Quality Mark, the Green Tree School Award and the International Schools’ Award.
At our last inspection in March 2018 we were judged to be good. We were praised for our commitment to ensuring the academic success of our pupils while recognising that the school is a purposeful place where pupils’ social, academic and personal achievements are promoted and valued. The full inspection report is available on the Ofsted website. Standards at AVPS are good and are typically in line with the national average.
We are committed to working in partnership with other schools in the area as a way of sharing what we do well and learning from best practice elsewhere.
What we can offer you is:
- An experienced teaching staff committed to doing their very best for our children
- A happy and friendly environment where children feel valued and work hard
- Very strong community and parental engagement with our school
- Happy and enthusiastic children who like to do well
- An opportunity to build on your own professional strengths and develop as a leader
- A knowledgeable, committed and supportive governing body
- A well cared for, well-resourced and spacious building with well-maintained grounds, providing a range of exciting learning opportunities for our children
- A strong financial position.
The person we are looking for will have:
- A strong belief in putting children first
- High expectations of what children can achieve and a proven track record both as a teacher and a leader
- The ability to inspire children and staff to be the best they can be
- A holistic view of education and a desire to give our children memorable learning experiences
- A commitment to pupils’ welfare and well-being
- An understanding of how to build on, and further develop, the very good practice that already exists at our school
- A clear understanding of the current Ofsted Framework and what a school needs to do to provide and outstanding education for its pupils
- A strong track record, both as a teacher and school leader
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to inspire and motivate others
- The ability to see the fantastic opportunities our school has to offer and the skills and enthusiasm to make things happen.
- This is a great opportunity for a senior leader aspiring to headship, or for an experienced head ready for a new challenge.
A visit to our website at https://www.arnoldview.notts.sch.uk/ will provide you with lots of additional information about our school and will, we hope, inspire you to apply for the role of headteacher.
Visits are highly recommended, and we would be delighted to show you around. Visits can be arranged by contacting the School Business Manager on 0115 9560967 or by emailing email@example.com. Please note that given the current Covid restrictions school visits can only take place after school.
Application forms and further details are available from Anita Atherley at Governor Services by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 0115 8044666.
Closing date is Friday 5 March 2021 at 5.00pm.
Shortlisting will take place on 12 March 2021.
Interviews will take place on 18 and 19 March 2021.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.