KS1 Class Teacher (2 Posts)
The Python Hill Academy is part of The Forge Trust and we pride ourselves in promoting extremely high standards in all aspects of school life. Our ethos is to encourage our children to be aspirational and maintain a work ethic that will help them achieve their future goals. As a result, we expect our staff to promote these values through their own practice. We are looking for a dedicated and ambitious primary practitioner to further strengthen our current teaching team from 1st September 2021. The positions available are for teachers who possess the relentless drive and ambition to improve outcomes for children.
The successful candidate will need to have:
- A commitment to helping all pupils achieve their best, regardless of their background or starting point;
- The ability to inspire and motivate all children as well as making learning fun and engaging, ensuring all children are appropriately challenged;
- High expectations of behaviour and attitudes towards learning;
- Excellent organisational skills;
- A passion for teaching and learning in Key Stage 1
- An excellent knowledge of the Key Stage 1 curriculum
- An excellent phonic knowledge using Letters and Sounds
- An ability to support less experienced staff
- An ability to be the main driver of the year group
- A proven track record in raising attainment for children in Key Stage 1
The Python Hill Academy can offer you:
- A truly amazing group of friendly, motivated and well-behaved children, who we are all proud of;
- A supportive staff team;
- Small class sizes;
- A commitment to supporting your further development e.g. NPQML, NPQSL, Masters Degree;
- High quality CPD within The Forge Trust;
- An exciting opportunity to continue the transformation of The Python Hill Academy in its journey to become outstanding;
- An opportunity to become a middle leader.
The FORGE Trust is a primary school led, multi-academy trust which was founded in September 2016 on the success of The Sir Donald Bailey Academy in Newark, Nottinghamshire. There is a clear vision to provide the very best education for every pupil in our schools ensuring the quality of teaching is excellent and the environment for learning encourages all pupils to find their talent and succeed. We believe strongly in our mission to change the lives of these children and have the ambition to be the most successful multi-academy trust in the country! The Trust specialises in working in communities which face disadvantage and challenge, and prides itself on having a transformational agenda to significantly impact on the life chances of children in the communities served by FORGE schools.
Socially distanced visits to the school are warmly welcomed out of school hours. Please contact Julie White at The Python Hill Academy either by email: email@example.com or by telephone: 01623 464164 to arrange a mutually convenient appointment.
For further information & how to apply please contact Julie White at The Python Hill Academy either by email: firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone: 01623 464164.
Closing Date: Monday 15th March 2021 at 12.00 noon (These posts are not suitable for NQTs).
Interview Date: Wednesday 24th March 2021.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks; therefore all posts within the trust are subject to an Enhanced Disclosure and Barring Check. The trust welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, age, race, or sexual orientation.