Required 30 hours weekly, from November 6th 2019 until July 2019 (initially) could extend beyond this, subject to needs and funding.
This post is full time from November to December then guaranteed part time from January to July (full time subject to funding).
We are seeking to appoint a Level 3 qualified Teaching Assistant to work predominantly 1:1 to support a child in a Key Stage 1 class.
The successful applicant will:
- be patient, nurturing and flexible in their approach to supporting young people to achieve their potential.
- have a good knowledge of supporting children with emotional/attachment needs
- possess many strategies for engaging and motivating pupils
- have sound literacy and numeracy skills and to be an effective communicator
- have effective positive behaviour management strategies and a commitment to helping all of our children be happy and successful within a fully inclusive learning environment.
- be passionate about accessing continual professional development to help the young people they will be working with
- attend occasional additional meetings
- liaise closely with parents/carers
- liaise effectively with professionals such as Headteacher, class teacher, pastoral carer, SENCo, and other professionals.
- be a cooperative team member.
- be able to demonstrate initiative in their approach.
- have a good understanding of how to support children to make good progress in English and Mathematics.
In return, we offer:
- a well-motivated, supportive staff team.
- enthusiastic and well-motivated children.
- good opportunities for continuing professional development.
- supportive parents who are committed to working with school to
- an inclusive community where everyone is encouraged to flourish
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged and can be arranged by appointment with the school office tel: 01509 672661. Viewings of the school: Thursday 17th October (am or pm) and Friday 18th October (pm only). Please contact us if neither of these times are appropriate and we will see if we can accommodate you.
Please contact the school via email at email@example.com, to receive full details and an application form, and to arrange a visit on the dates above.
- Closing date: Midday on Friday 1st November 2019
- Interview date: Likely: Wednesday 6th November (am)
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.