EYFS Teaching Assistant
Executive Head Teacher: Nicola Davies, Head of School: Anita Mehan, Roll 532 (3-11)
Due to maternity leave our children are looking for us to find them a temporary teaching assistant, who is bursting with enthusiasm, inspirational and highly-committed to join our school in our EYFS team.
Sutton Road Primary School and Nursery is looking to employ a flexible, committed and hardworking individual with firm knowledge and understanding of the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum to work in our school’s Early Years Unit. In addition, a good understanding of child development and how young children learn is essential.
We are looking for an Early Years Teaching Assistant:
- Someone who is patient and caring, and willing to work as part of a team with parents and other practitioners.
- Someone who has a high standard of work ethic in terms of motivation, personal presentation, punctuality and professional standards.
- Someone who is able to follow instructions but also work by using their own initiative.
- Someone who has a good understanding of the EYFS curriculum and of child development.
- Someone who will share responsibility of key children and be responsible for keeping observations and updating children's records in relation to their learning.
We are a school that can offer you:
- Excellent Continual Professional Development Opportunities that will support you to grow in the direction you would like to head.
- A hard-working and extremely supportive team of staff at Sutton Road Primary School who are very friendly and caring about all they do.
- Opportunities to be part of a formal collaboration which will help broaden your experiences.
- Some truly inspirational children of whom we are all very proud; they make the place an absolute pleasure to be part of.
An application pack with further details about this post are available from Sally Moorcroft by telephone on 01623 455920 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The post is for a start date of 25th February 2019
Deadline for applications: Closing date: Thursday 24th January 2019 at 12.00 noon
Interviews will be held on Thursday 31st January 2019
No agencies please.
We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All posts are subject to pre-employment checks, references will be taken up before interview and successful candidates will need to undertake an enhanced DBS check.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.