Head Teacher: Mrs Kim Wakefield, Roll: 420
Required September 2019
Abbey Primary School is a successful school that makes a difference every day to the life chances of the pupils who attend. We are committed to giving every pupil the best possible start in life irrespective of background or circumstance.
The Governors of this happy and successful school wish to appoint an enthusiastic, creative and highly motivated Newly Qualified Teacher to work with our dedicated, high performing and supportive staff team to continue to raise achievement.
We are looking for someone who is creative and passionate about teaching, understands what good teaching and learning looks like and who will bring energy, a hard working attitude and new ideas to our school. Someone who enjoys a challenge and wants to make a difference to the life chances of the children they teach.
The successful candidate will need to:
- Have a strong desire to ‘be the best teacher you can be’
- Have high expectations of pupil achievement and behaviour and firmly believe that every child can achieve
- Provide a stimulating, safe and happy learning environment
- Be reflective about their teaching
- Have excellent interpersonal skills, a growth mindset, a good sense of humour and enjoy being part of a friendly and supportive team
- Be enthusiastic, caring and hard working
- Be willing to make a wider contribution to the life of the school
In return we can offer you:
- Happy, hard-working and motivated children who enjoy learning.
- A welcoming and supportive school community which is inclusive.
- Hard working, supportive and caring colleagues.
- A supportive and forward-thinking Governing Body.
- A well-resourced attractive working environment
- Membership of a Teaching School and a commitment to your induction and continued professional development.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and will require the successful candidate to undergo a full DBS check prior to their appointment.
We actively encourage you to visit our school to see us at work. Please contact the Head Teacher’s PA, Natalie Mather, to arrange a visit or request an information pack.
Application forms and further details are available on the school website or by contacting email@example.com .
Closing date is Friday 1st February 2019. Shortlisting Monday 4th February 2019. Interviews will take place W/B 11th February 2019.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.