Number on roll: 350+ (including Nursery)
Age range: 3 - 11
The Governors are seeking to appoint a new headteacher for this popular and successful school following the retirement of our current headteacher, Rob Cook, at the end of the school year.
The school was last inspected by OFSTED in November 2007 and judged outstanding. An interim assessment in 2011 confirmed the judgement and the school is currently exempt from inspection. The full report is available on the Ofsted website.
Standards of achievement at the school are good and are consistently above local and national averages. The school is highly regarded in the local community and by the local authority.
A visit to the school website http://www.orchard-pri.notts.sch.uk/ will give you a good introduction to the school and the range of activities it offers and will hopefully encourage you to visit us for yourselves and see if you could be the next headteacher of Orchard Primary.
The person we are looking for will have: -
- A proven track record as an outstanding teacher and leader
- A clear vision of how Orchard can continue to build on its many strengths and further improve in all areas
- A commitment to working in partnership within our collaboration of local schools
- A strong commitment to providing pupils with an exciting curriculum full of rich learning experiences
- The ability to lead and inspire staff and pupils through personal commitment to the role
- Strong organisational and management skills
- A clear commitment to leading by working in partnership with pupils, staff, parents and governors
- The ability to communicate effectively and further advance the reputation of Orchard as a school where excellence is expected.
The school offers: -
- A skilled, committed and enthusiastic staff team dedicated to meeting children’s needs through high quality teaching
- Children who respond well to good teaching and are keen to learn
- A well-maintained environment for teaching and learning
- A fully supportive governing body
- An opportunity to build on your own professional strengths and develop a wide range of leadership skills in a large school
- An opportunity to work with governors to design and determine the long-term future of the school in the context of both the local and the national education agendas.
Visits to the school are strongly encouraged by prior arrangement. Please phone the school office on: 01623 455939 to arrange your visit.
Application forms and further details are available from, Governor Services, Meadow House, Littleworth, Mansfield, NG18 2TB. Telephone number 0115 8040726 or email: email@example.com.
Closing date is 7th February midday.
Shortlisting will take place on 12th February 2019. Interviews will take place on 26th / 27th February 2019.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.