Deputy Head Teacher
Head Teacher: Mrs Joanna James
Required from September 2019
Are you ready for an exciting challenge?
Due to the promotion of our current Deputy Head Teacher to Head Teacher of Arnold Mill Primary from September 2019, the Governors of this over-subscribed and friendly school are looking to appoint a hardworking, innovative successor to work alongside the new Head Teacher and Senior Leadership Team. This is an opportunity for a professional with energy, enthusiasm and a passion for learning to play a crucial role in supporting the next phase of the school’s development.
The successful candidate will:-
- Believe in the potential of all children.
- Demonstrate an understanding of practice across all the primary phases.
- Be an outstanding classroom practitioner who leads by example and has high expectations of standards of attainment and behaviour.
- Have a good understanding about the importance of data in school improvement.
- Have the potential to take a leading role in the development of the curriculum and staff professional development.
- Be a team player and be able to lead, inspire and motivate others.
- Be creative, energetic and have a sense of humour!
- Be able to contribute fully to the life of the school.
We offer in return:-
- A nurturing and inclusive school with an excellent reputation.
- Friendly and enthusiastic children, and a caring ethos that values everyone.
- A commitment to your professional development, including leadership release time and preparation for headship.
- An environment where initiative is encouraged and ideas valued.
- Hardworking, dedicated and supportive colleagues.
- A Governing Body which has the school’s best interests at its heart.
- A fantastic school environment in which to work.
We are committed to rigorous safeguarding procedures and promoting the welfare of all children; please ensure that there are no gaps in your employment history that are not explained.
Applicants are encouraged to visit the school prior to submitting an application. Please contact the school office to make arrangements.
If you require any further information please do not hesitate to contact us.
Application packs are available from: Anita Jackson, Office Manager, e-mail: email@example.com, Telephone: 01159667930
Closing date: 1/2/2019 @10 am (applications received after this time will not be considered).
Short Listing: w/c 4/2/2019
Interviews: w/c 11/2/2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.