KS2 PE / Sport Specialist
Head Teacher: Mr Andrew Rossington, Roll: 240 (Age 7-11)
Two days per week (11 hours), Required from the Summer Term 2019 or sooner
An opportunity has arisen at Arno Vale Junior School for a talented Key Stage 2 practitioner to be the PE and Sport Specialist, teaching across the whole key stage.
We are a popular, welcoming and friendly school in Woodthorpe, Nottingham with supportive parents and wonderful, incredibly well behaved children who want to learn.
The successful candidate will join our talented team who put the children at the centre of everything we do.
The successful candidate will be able to:
- Provide staff with professional development, mentoring, training and resources to help them teach PE and sport effectively.
- Support and involve the least active children by providing targeted activities.
- Introduce new sports to encourage more pupils to take up sport and physical activity.
- Prepare teams for sports competitions.
- Increase pupils’ participation in school games.
- Organise for pupils to take on leadership or volunteer roles that support sport and physical activity within the school.
- Embed physical activity into the school day.
- Ensure that statutory reporting requirements are at least met (online reporting).
- Liaise with the SLT to monitor and report back on the impact of the spending.
- Liaise with the PE co-ordinator to meet the requirements of the school as appropriate.
- Liaise with external clubs, coaches, providers and other agencies where appropriate and necessary
- Monitor the performance of the school against the five key indicators (as set out by the DfE) and the requirements of the school.
In return, we can offer you a supportive environment, excellent CPD opportunities and a culture where everyone is valued.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS clearance will be required. We look forward to hearing from you if you have high expectations and excellent interpersonal skills.
Visits to the school are actively encouraged - please telephone for an appointment.
Application forms and further details are available from the school by post (SAE please) or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Friday 1st February at 10.00am.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.