Grade 4 Teaching Assistant
Woodthorpe Infant School is looking to employ an enthusiastic, talented Teaching Assistant on a permanent basis from 15 April 2024. The position will be mainly based in KS1.
This opportunity is suitable for someone who is committed to the care of the children and to supporting them in achieving their potential. The successful applicant will work alongside the class teacher and with other members of the school team undertaking mainly pupil based activities to enhance the teaching and learning in school.
We are looking for someone who:
• Is flexible and caring who enjoys working with young children.
• Understands child development and the challenges of the KS1 curriculum.
• Shows initiative and is willing to go the extra mile for the children.
• Has a ‘can do’ positive attitude.
• Has an excellent track record of supporting children in the classroom including planning for and running interventions.
• Has experience of covering classes when needed and for PPA/leadership time.
In return school can offer:
• A positive, good humoured, warm and welcoming atmosphere.
• Enthusiastic children.
• A motivated, supportive group of professionals who make a strong team.
• Excellent relationships with pupils and families.
• A commitment to continual professional development and to growing the skills and knowledge of professionals as well as individuals.
We welcome and encourage visits to the school and the following dates and times have been arranged:
• Monday 19th February 2024 at 2pm
• Thursday 22nd February 2024 at 4pm
• Thursday 29th February 2024 at 9.30am
Please telephone 0115 9263820 to make an appointment. Further details and application forms are available from the school or email email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 10am on Monday 4th March 2024 and interviews will take place on Thursday 14th March 2024.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council encourages applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, religion, belief, pregnancy and maternity status, age or sexual orientation. for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.