Teaching Assistant working 1:1 supporting a child in KS1
Willow Brook primary school are looking to appoint a teaching assistant to work 1:1 alongside an existing pupil in our KS1 cohort. The successful applicant will be an experienced and confident practitioner who has the ability and skills to engage with and nurture the individual needs of the child. Whilst relevant qualifications are desirable, a proven track record of working successfully alongside vulnerable pupils and supporting positive behaviour strategies is a must.
The teaching assistant will work alongside class teachers and the school SENCO to build and nurture a positive relationship with school and the child, helping to equip them with the skills and confidence needed to thrive in an inclusive, supportive learning environment.
We are looking for a teaching assistant who:
• Has experience of working with children with SEND and has high aspirations for their involvement and achievement in a mainstream environment.
• Believe in the capacity of all young people to learn and grow, despite the various challenges they face.
• Have a positive and calm approach.
• Are willing to work co-operatively as part of the wider Willow Brook team.
We encourage visits to the school and would be happy to talk further about the specifics of the role in person. Application forms can be found beneath this advert and on the school website vacancies page https://willowbrook.notts.sch.uk/vacancies/ Application forms should be submitted with an accompanying letter detailing your experience and reason for applying for this role and sent to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 8th March at 12 noon with interviews on Wednesday 13th March.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council encourages applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, religion, belief, pregnancy and maternity status, age or sexual orientation. for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.