The Governors at Walesby C of E Primary School are looking to appoint an enthusiastic, hardworking, flexible and conscientious person to join our school team as Site Manager.
The job will be pro-rata, 30 hours per week, all year round working split shift.
This is a highly valued and responsible position and it is essential that the successful candidate can demonstrate:
- Initiative and the ability to work without supervision
- A practical and sensible approach to routine school maintenance, in observance of health and safety protocols
- Punctuality, reliability and flexibility
- The ability to undertake general DIY jobs around the school
- A dedication to the upkeep of the school building in line with the detailed job description.
- Knowledge of cleaning within a school environment, ensuring the site is clean, demonstrating the ability to undertake general cleaning duties
- Knowledge of H&S requirements within a school environment
- The ability to keep, order and maintain accurate site records to include health and safety, legionella, asbestos and fire in line with current legislation and policies
- Good social skills and an ability to communicate effectively
- A firm commitment to the school and its ethos
In return we can offer:
- A committed and professional school team
- The opportunity to play a key role in the school
- A varied and busy job where no two days are the same!
The post will be five days per week working Monday to Friday on a split shift to cover the opening of school at 6:30am and the closure at 6:00pm. Flexibility is also required to cover maintenance visits and any emergency call-outs to school.
Walesby C of E Primary School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment. An enhanced DBS disclosure will be requested for the successful candidate in accordance with Safeguarding Children and Safer Recruitment in Education legislation.
Visits to the school are warmly welcomed. Please contact the school on 01623 860575 to arrange an appointment, Please request an application pack by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Wednesday 13th February 2019 at 09:30am, Interviews will be weeks commencing Monday 18th February 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.