Number on roll: 41, Age range: 4 – 11
Headteacher (50% teaching commitment)
Our current headteacher is retiring at the end of this school year. The governors of Willoughby School wish to appoint a headteacher to lead the school and to sustain its excellence.
The school was last inspected by OFSTED in 2006 and was judged to be outstanding. An interim assessment in 2010 confirmed that the school remained outstanding.
Standards of achievement at the school are good and are above local and national averages
The school’s vision is to provide an outstanding all-round education to our children and to deliver it in a caring ‘family’ environment. Our priorities are:
- To promote the highest standard of teaching and learning,
- To help every child in their progress and attainment so that they realise their potential, and
- To ensure the continuation and development of a broad curriculum.
This post has a commitment to teaching in KS2 for 50% of the time. We are looking to recruit someone who can divide their time effectively as both an inspiring teacher and an efficient manager, and can prioritise as necessary between these two roles.
We are located at the heart of the village of Willoughby on the Wolds in rural South Nottinghamshire.
The person we are looking for will have:
- Drive to lead, inspire and challenge our pupils and staff to achieve their full potential;
- Outstanding teaching skills to contribute to the learning environment;
- High expectations of children in their behaviour, learning and achievement;
- Vision to develop, communicate and implement a strategic plan for school outcomes to maintain and build on its outstanding performance and reputation;
- Ability to gain the confidence of parents and to promote the school in the community;
- Ambition to form partnerships with other schools in propagating best practice and in making best use of resources;
- Awareness of government and local authority policies for education and safeguarding;
- Flexibility to adapt to the limited resources of a small school.
We offer the successful candidate:
- A successful, caring and welcoming school with happy, well-behaved and enthusiastic children;
- A team of highly skilled and capable teachers and teaching assistants;
- Supportive, knowledgeable and active school governors;
- Engaged supportive parents and ‘Friends of Willoughby School’ fund-raising group;
- A salary grade in the range of L8 to L14
If you are interested in joining us, you are warmly invited to come and visit the school when the current headteacher will be pleased to show you round and answer any questions you may have. Please contact the school office on 01509 880620 or email@example.com
Application forms and further details are available from, Governor Services, Meadow House, Littleworth, Mansfield, Notts. Telephone number 0115 8040724 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 27.02.2019 at 12 Noon
Shortlisting will take place on 5th March 2019. Interviews will take place on 13th / 14th March 2019
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.