School Administrative Assistant
The Governors of this friendly, caring school are looking to appoint an administrative assistant to work alongside our head teacher and office manager.
The successful candidate will provide clerical and administrative support to the Head Teacher, Office Manager and school. They will be expected to use the Authority standard computer hardware and software packages where appropriate.
Specific responsibilities will include:
- Provide a reception and switchboard service (particularly at the start and end of the school day).
- Responsibility for the electronic organisation of school dinners. Provide statistical information as required. Administer free school meal and ever six data.
- Record electronic attendance data, follow up reasons for absence and process statistical information with direction from the head teacher. Report to the head teacher and attendance governor. Send letters to parents of persistent absentees.
- Issue and process letters to County for families who take an unauthorised leave of absence.
- Administer pupil admissions and leavers procedures. Accurately maintain the pupil related information system using SIMS. Provide information for families of new entrants, collect information and collate for whole school use.
- Provide up to date medical information to all staff. Monitor school procedures. Obtain parent permission to administer medication and administer accordingly. Liaise with the School Health Service in relation to pupil welfare & outside agencies.
- Provide reprographic and filing support for staff.
- Produce reports, letters, newsletters, minutes of meetings etc. under the direction of the head teacher.
- Organise the day to day running of after school clubs and school events, trips and residential.
- Check off and put away orders as required.
- Ensure the maintenance of school and office equipment by informing contractors and support services of any problems.
- Update the school website with attendance, letters and information provided by staff to include class and whole school events.
- Source grants and rewards from businesses and companies to fund projects in school.
- Keep the school inventory record up to date and report to governors.
- Understand the implications of the Data Protection Act and other legislation, to ensure confidentiality of records and information is maintained.
- Undertake any other duties which may reasonably be regarded as within the nature of the duties and responsibilities/grade of the post as defined, subject to the proviso that normally any changes of a permanent nature shall be incorporated into the job description in specific terms.
We offer in return:-
- The opportunity to develop best practise in a supportive environment.
- Friendly, responsive and enthusiastic children.
- An excellent team spirit where everyone works together.
- A leadership with dedication, high aspirations and expectations.
- A place where initiative is encouraged and ideas valued.
- Hardworking, talented and supportive colleagues.
- A Governing Body which has the school’s best interests at its heart.
We are committed to rigorous safeguarding procedures and promoting the welfare of all children; please ensure that there are no gaps in your employment history that are not explained.
If you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact us. Visits to the school are welcomed.
Application packs and further information are available from: Alison Castledine, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org or telephone 01623 480440.
Closing date: Friday 4th December 2020 (applications received after this time will not be considered).
Interviews: week commencing Monday 7th December 2020
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.