Temporary Part-Time Teachers (2 posts)
Head Teacher – Michelle Bates
NOR – 375 children
The staff, children and governors are keen to appoint two enthusiastic, innovative and highly motivated practitioners to join our team to cover two maternity leaves from 1 January 2020. The post could be for two terms, but any time up to 12 months (exact end date at this stage is unknown). Applications are invited from excellent teachers with proven ability, vision and a creative mind. Both posts are for 2 days per week in either Reception or Year 2 (Please state within your application letter or form, which role would be preferred).
At Greasley Beauvale we have:
- Friendly, welcoming children;
- A real commitment to team work;
- A cross curricular, creative approach to learning and teaching;
- High expectations of children’s behaviour to learning and achievements;
- A high commitment to wellbeing and mental health across school;
- A keen approach to CPD and staff development;
- A supportive staff with a clear vision for the future;
- A school improvement journey to be proud of.
The successful candidate will:
- Be an excellent and inspirational EYFS or KS1 practitioner with a commitment to high standards and progress for all children;
- Be creative and innovative and able to enthuse and motivate all learners;
- Be a strong team member with excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Have a creative approach to teaching and learning and a willingness to participate in the wider life of the school;
- Have a commitment to a themed cross-curricular approach to planning, learning and teaching;
- Demonstrate the capacity to make learning enjoyable and exciting;
- Have knowledge around the key curriculum requirements for either Reception and/or Year 2;
- Have high expectations of children’s achievements and behaviour;
- Be supportive and enthusiastic about working in a school that is committed to school improvement.
Visits to the school are currently discouraged due to COVID restrictions and national lockdown measures. However, the Head Teacher would very much appreciate talking to candidates prior to application either over the telephone or virtually via Microsoft TEAMS to discuss the school and its journey to date. Please email the School Business Manager, Emma Poxon, on firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a conversation.
To apply please visit https://www.greasleybeauvale.co.uk/vacancies/. Completed application forms and letters of application (of no more than 1000 words) should be addressed to the Head Teacher and Governing Body of the school.
Closing date – Monday 30th November 2020 @ 9am.
Shortlisting – Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Interviews – Monday 7th December 2020.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.