Trust Site Team Leader
The Beech Academy, as part of the Evolve Trust is seeking to appoint a Trust Site Team Leader to assist with the smooth and efficient running of both the Fairholme and Westfield sites including security, maintenance, porterage and any duties arising from use of premises.
As a Trust we are committed to supporting flexible working for all roles and will welcome applications from those who wish to work flexibly.
We are looking for someone who:
- To lead on all aspects related to the academy site and buildings.
- To ensure the security of the premises together with its contents and to respond to incidents on site as required e.g. boarding up after vandalism.
- Responsibility for ensuring Health and Safety systems and processes are in place and compliant for the academy, including relevant risk assessments.
- To carry out weekly Health & Safety checks and tests including but not limited to: legionella; fire alarms; and classroom checks.
- Attending to the heating system ensuring that the required temperatures are maintained.
- Ensuring that the boiler plant equipment, including heater cabinets are cleaned and maintained in accordance with the specifications and operating in an economic and efficient manner with any faults reported.
- Management of cleaning staff and cleaning of designated areas to maintain high standards across the academy.
- To carry out porterage duties as required.
- To ensure all exterior hard surfaces including artificial grassed areas are kept in a clean and tidy condition – including the emptying of litter bins, cleaning of drains as required, clearing flower beds of litter. Using Billy Goat for external vacuuming.
- The salting and de-icing of all hard surface areas as required including the removal of snow to gain access to the premises and car parks.
- Removal of graffiti as and when required.
- In the case of emergency outside the working week e.g. fire, flood, intruders etc be required to attend for such action as necessary.
- To ensure floor surfaces are maintained to the agreed specification.
- The cleaning of internal glass and windows as required.
- The setting out of furniture as requested.
- Ensure that relevant Health and Safety training is kept up-to-date across the academy with liaison across the Trust to ensure consistency.
- Management of the academy site budget, ensuring financial procedures are appropriately followed and value for money obtained for all purchases.
- Assistance with identifying required capital projects and involvement with management of projects as required.
- To agree a rolling maintenance programme with the Head of School and take responsibility for implementation.
- Management of contractors ensuring that they are appropriately inducted prior to onsite works and managed during site visits to ensure compliance with safeguarding and Health & Safety legislation.
- Where required, support other academy sites with projects or site lock up/opening to cover holiday or illness.
Taking reasonable care for Health and Safety of him/herself and other persons who may be affected by his/her activities and where appropriate, safeguarding the Health and Safety of all persons under his/her control, guidance with the provision of Health and Safety Legislation.
If you feel this may be the career opportunity you are looking for please contact our HR Department for an application pack, email email@example.com Tel: 01623 626008 or download via our website www.evolvetrust.org/work-with-us/vacancies
Closing date for applications to be received in school is 12 noon 4th December 2020
The Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. The successful candidate will be required to undertake an enhanced criminal record check via the DBS.