Customer Service Advisor - Social Care
The Customer Service Centre is the first point of contact for Adult Social Care & Health, and our Advisors play a crucial and fundamental role in identifying and unlocking the potential, by gathering key information to advise, guide and support service users. You will be part of a dedicated team, taking inbound calls, gathering and recording information, offering advice and guidance and ensuring that people are effectively connected to the right support for them.
Operational opening hours are Monday to Friday 8am until 5:30pm, Monday to Friday - shift/rota basis.
What you will be doing:
- Taking calls from residents and customers in a professional and efficient manner
- Ensuring that all calls are answered and information logged accurately in accordance with our procedures and policies
- Assimilating complex information from a variety of sources and making decisions
- Managing customer’s expectations
- Showing resilience whilst dealing with emotive subjects
What we are looking for:
- Proven computer literacy including keyboard skills and ability to use a variety of software
- Well developed listening, questioning and information gathering skills
- Excellent and proven customer service skills
- Ability to communicate with a variety of customers over the telephone
- Team player
- Decision making skills
- Ability to multi-task
- High level of attention to detail
This will be a demanding role and you will be a dynamic individual who is able to hit the ground running and a desire to improve the lives and well-being of the people in Nottinghamshire will be a driving force in your application.
Watch this short video to find out more about the role: Social Care Advisor Recruitment
If you have any questions or would like an informal chat about this post, please contact Andrea Hall 0115 8043659 or Julie Adkin on 0115 8043636.
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.
This vacancy is closed to applications.