Youth Service - Volunteers
Young people can do great things if you give them a chance! Why not try something new and become a Volunteer with Nottinghamshire County Council Youth Service.
The Youth Service provides access to high quality, safe and enjoyable social education activities for young people. We engage young people from age 10 to 19, the Looked After cohort until the age of 21 and disabled young people up to the age of 25.
We provide a structure for children and young people to voice their opinions and to shape the services provided for them.
In Nottinghamshire we have a number of purpose-built Young People Centres across the county managed by Youth Workers as well as a number of clubs and mobile provision.
Some of the activities we offer:
- Arts and Crafts
- A safe space to talk about issues of importance to young people
- Youth Parliament / Youth Council
- Projects – based on interests
- A safe and welcoming environment to meet friends
- Cooking and life skills
- Specialist group work with young people
Why volunteer with us:
- Develop new skills
- Give something back to your community
- Use your existing skills and experience
- Access to training to gain a nationally recognised qualification in Youth Work
- Develop experience of working with Young People
- Make difference
We welcome volunteers of all abilities and experiences of working with young people. Please note you must be 18 and over to volunteer.
If you are interested to find out more, get in touch with our volunteer co-ordinator Sean Ryan on: 07870396156 or email@example.com
Disabled applicants who meet the essential shortlisting requirements will be guaranteed an interview. A job share scheme is available for all full time posts: both permanent and temporary, unless otherwise stated. We are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults and we expect all staff to share this commitment and undergo appropriate checks.
The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation.