The Governors of our very popular, happy and successful school are seeking to appoint a highly motivated, caring Teaching Assistant to work 19.5 hours per week (3 days, most likely Wednesday to Friday) as part of our hardworking and dedicated staff team commencing as early as possible in the Spring Term 2021. Deployment is likely to be as part of lower KS2 but could involve working in any phase from EYFS to upper KS2.
In our most recent successful inspection (October 2019), Ofsted confirmed that our school ‘continues to be a good school’. We have also been congratulated by the LA for sustaining good provision and outcomes for children attending our school.
We are looking for a committed individual who:
- Loves working with children
- Can demonstrate a strong record of primary classroom practice
- Is skilled in working 1:1 with children as well as with groups and classes
- Can make learning experiences fun and exciting
- Is committed to giving children the best possible start in life
- Is enthusiastic, caring and hard-working
- Has high expectations of children’s achievement and behaviour
- Has a commitment to raising standards and making sure all children make good progress
- Has high expectations of themselves and is reflective about their practice as a TA
- Is committed to teamwork
- Likes to take responsibility
- Knows they can make a difference
- Will share our vision and values
- Has excellent interpersonal skills, a good sense of humour and enjoys being part of a friendly and supportive team
We are also very interested to know what else you can bring to us, so please tell us about your strengths and how you might also contribute to the wider life of the school
We can offer:
- Fabulous children who are friendly and enthusiastic
- A learning environment where you will be valued and respected
- A very supportive staff team
- A committed and supportive Governing Body
- A very popular school which is respected throughout the community
- A commitment to your continued professional development
- A commitment to your well-being
- A modern purpose-built and well-resourced learning environment
Want to join us?
Mapperley Plains Primary School is a member of the Flying High Teaching School Alliance. Number of pupils currently on roll is 343
Visits to the school are available but numbers will be limited. If restrictions change we may have to cancel.
Visit dates: Thursday 7th January at 4pm and Thursday 14th January at 4pm.
Please contact the School Office on 0115 9649360 to make an appointment with our Headteacher.
Application forms and information packs are available from the school via email or telephone : email@example.com or 0115 9649360. Please note that CVs should not be enclosed with the application.
- You must have the legal right to work in the UK
- You must hold a UK recognised qualification
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Your application must cover all of your employment history where possible and any employment breaks must be explained
Closing date for receipt of fully completed application forms is 12 noon Friday 22nd January 2021.
Interviews scheduled for week beginning Monday 25th January 2021.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.
This vacancy is closed to applications.