School Administrative Officer
Head Teacher: Paula Doyle.
Start date: 22.02.2021.
The Governing Body are looking to appoint a School Administrative Officer to work in partnership with the Headteacher and School Office Manager to provide a wide and varied range of clerical, administrative and financial support to the school and assist in the day to day demands of a busy school office.
We are looking to appoint a motivated and enthusiastic individual to join our team at this successful and friendly school. Our pupils are well behaved, friendly and are keen to learn. The staff team are hard-working and supportive of one another.
You will be expected to:
- Undertake a range of financial management processes including processing orders, resolving issues, reconciling accounts and handling cash.
- Operate the school’s financial procedures in accordance with statutory guidelines, financial regulations and school and education department policy and practice.
- Create, manage and manipulate information relating to finance or staffing information, producing bespoke and complex reports.
We are seeking someone who:
- Is committed to making things better for children.
- Is confident with numbers with excellent attention to detail.
- Can effectively use ICT in management and data handling.
- Can prioritise workload and deal with interruptions to tasks and duties
- Can work efficiently and meet deadlines
- Will ensure that financial and administrative procedures effectively support the school in maintaining an outstanding quality of education and outcomes.
- Can analyse and interpret data and format it appropriately to meet specified statistical information requests.
- Can communicate confidently and appropriately with staff, parents and carers, pupils and suppliers/contractors to provide advice, guidance and information.
- Will establish and develop positive relationships throughout the school.
- Is flexible, positive, dedicated and trustworthy and can use own initiative
- Will constantly improve own practice and knowledge through training, self-evaluation and learning from others.
We can offer:
- A tailored induction and training.
- A commitment to continuing professional development.
- A friendly environment with a very varied and busy job role where no two days are the same.
Please contact the school for further details and an application pack by e-mail – firstname.lastname@example.org. The person specification can be downloaded below.
Closing date: 31.01.2021.
• All posts in Primary, Secondary and Special Schools are subject to an enhanced Disclosure and Barring Service check. All posts in schools, unless stated otherwise, are suitable for a job share arrangement.
• The County Council welcomes applications from all, irrespective of gender, marital status, disability, race, age or sexual orientation for posts within County and Controlled Schools and in Colleges.